Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F8 Tributo

Mike01606 is online now Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Default Ferrari F8 Tributo

Name:  IMG_1028.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  51.1 KB

Looks like a Pista for the masses.

https://magazine.ferrari.com/en/cars...tributo-54421/
    Last edited by Mike01606; 28-02-2019 at 11:27 AM.

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

I'm surprised at this - normally you get 2 cars on one platform (348/355, 360/430 etc) but this is no. 3 on the 458 platform I think. A sign of things to come?

Also, would you be a bit pissed if you'd ordered a Pista, were still waiting on it, and now this comes along with (I think) the same power?

Really didn't expect this launch, feels like the 488 has been out for about 5 mins

Mike01606 is online now Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    I'm surprised at this - normally you get 2 cars on one platform (348/355, 360/430 etc) but this is no. 3 on the 458 platform I think. A sign of things to come?

Also, would you be a bit pissed if you'd ordered a Pista, were still waiting on it, and now this comes along with (I think) the same power?

Really didn't expect this launch, feels like the 488 has been out for about 5 mins
    Agree.....I love the styling but releasing too many models, too quickly could damage the brand and second-hand market ...a la McLaren.

488 was launched 4 years ago max? Maybe 5 when the first deliveries come along.
    Thinking about it ...Maybe that’s not to different...to the previous 5-6 year cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Pista-Off - haha

It's not like you'll be able to pick up your F8 Tributo this Saturday, but maybe when you collect your Pista there'd be a blank order form on the passenger seat for your F8. Once you've bought one new Ferrari, you're on their conveyor belt for them continually selling you new ones. Perhaps owners need a reason to change more frequently these days? Perhaps Ferrari need to keep manufacturing and selling. Perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about.

BTW, it looks really nice.

Name
    CPD

For us mature market based Europeans it does feel like that but the growth in worldwide sales and new markets dictates rapid model proliferation and the faster life cycles in various parts of our economies. Since I have been away due to illness my wife also completed a project I had underway so me and my friends now own a car company. In a nutshell we make very high end prototype cars for prestige manufacturers and due to my background we also provide early project ‘offsite’ design facilities which OEM teams live in order to get away from it all. We have just shipped five cars to Geneva which is a record for us and we are being asked for more capacity as the industry is only going one way. The Ferrari brand is already adjusting its release strategy away from European sensibilities of product lifecycle durations. I was working last a couple of weeks back with a high end cycle maker whose new product cycle is likely to go bi-annual soon from its annual strategy which has been in place forever. The new generation want ever new stuff faster and they don’t care about residuals when they live in markets where their wealth is growing 10X that of the EU and any depreciation. This is going to be an interesting strategic line to walk so I expect Ferrari and others to rinse far more models from each given platform...

Like the car a lot myself but not tempted to sell anything to buy... the last Ferrari to tempt me to do that was the Speciale

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    For us mature market based Europeans it does feel like that but the growth in worldwide sales and new markets dictates rapid model proliferation and the faster life cycles in various parts of our economies. Since I have been away due to illness my wife also completed a project I had underway so me and my friends now own a car company. In a nutshell we make very high end prototype cars for prestige manufacturers and due to my background we also provide early project ‘offsite’ design facilities which OEM teams live in order to get away from it all. We have just shipped five cars to Geneva which is a record for us and we are being asked for more capacity as the industry is only going one way. The Ferrari brand is already adjusting its release strategy away from European sensibilities of product lifecycle durations. I was working last a couple of weeks back with a high end cycle maker whose new product cycle is likely to go bi-annual soon from its annual strategy which has been in place forever. The new generation want ever new stuff faster and they don’t care about residuals when they live in markets where their wealth is growing 10X that of the EU and any depreciation. This is going to be an interesting strategic line to walk so I expect Ferrari and others to rinse far more models from each given platform...

Like the car a lot myself but not tempted to sell anything to buy... the last Ferrari to tempt me to do that was the Speciale
    That's interesting stuff. I'm heading to Geneva so I'll look out for your products and best of luck to you and your new company.

BTW, in my line of work (finance) bi-annual refers to every two years, 6-monthly is termed 'semi-ann'

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post

It's good to see you back (even if I never make it to the end of your posts)

Seriously though, I hope you're keeping well and are planning that CS road trip out to see your Umbria house

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Rather like that!! Where did I leave my book on “man maths”?

But they are straying into the territory of silly names!!! I’m sure it means something but I’m in lazy mode today and can’t be bothered to look it up!

(Mod; good to hear of a company doing well; sounds interesting!!! Interestingly Amalgam said they are looking at what you are talking about, which sounds like it has serious potential for solid growth.)

Name
    Douglas

I presume the issue is that Ferrari are still stuck with their Alcoa/Arconic deal for a bit so cant move over to having a full carbon frame in the standard cars and no doubt there is some emission/safety issue with the 488 - thats why all the Pista/Pista Apertas have to be build in 2019

So I guess this is just a 1-2 year stop gap car before the new real 488 replacement comes

BTW I dont know anything about it but people keep saying that Ferrari will also launch a V8 Hybrid limited edition car in a few months

Anyway I cant ever remember a less exciting Ferrari car launch

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

I do like that.

Unfortunately I rewrote the book on Man Maths to get the 458 so... Where did I put it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast