Thread: buying from meridien?

Name
    birdseye

Default buying from meridien?

Looked at a Cali down there. Somehow the conversation with the sales guy left me uneasy and I wondered what the actual buying experience would be like. How well do they prepare a car? How well do they look after lower end customers in the first few months?

Any comments? Please make any serious negatives by pm - I wouldnt want thehm to be damned just by one guys deal gone wrong.

A348W is online now I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

We looked at a 430 there the other day. I was honest and said I wasn't looking to purchase at the moment etc, but I was also left somewhat cold by the gum chewing salesman / youth (I'm getting old and anybody under 30 looks like a "youth"!). So maybe its just their manner?!

That said, the Wessex FOC guys I met certainly had high praise for their service department, so seems they have a loyal following there.

Suggest you also contact the Wessex FOC co-ordinator, or post your question on the FOC facebook page...you maybe the first

jos is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    jos

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    the gum chewing salesman
    Sorry, not acceptable regardless of how old you are.

phillg is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Phill Grimshaw

I have purchased four cars from them.

They have been great every time,both sales and service.
    If I was in the market now I would use them again without question.
    Any problems, they sort them out straight away with no fuss.
    Spider,or coupe? Just get one of each.

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

They're not on my list of preferred dealers, I bought my first 355 from them and when I arrived home from collecting I found a relatively minor fault with the paint, they declined to resolve it expecting me to pay. I said then I'd never buy from them again and a further 14 Ferraris and 2 Maseratis later have been supplied by others, having said that if they had the right used car I suspect I would consider them.

Their service side used to be excellent when Leigh used to run it and Tim Bate (now Emblem) was the tech that looked after my car

Name
    Mike

I bought my Cali from them in Feb last year, It was a but of a rush purchase so they didn't have a lot of time to prep the car, After a few days i felt some knocking from the rear so decided to take it to my local main dealer and have a full health check,
    They found quite a few problems including rear shocks, water pump, power steering pump and rack, Battery etc etc,

Meridian arranged for the car to be collected from me by enclosed trailer and taken back down to Southampton where they replaced everything, Although they had my car for 5 weeks just after i purchased it they gave me a brand new Maserati levante to use the whole time,

So the answer to your question is yes i would recommend them, I am even looking at an FF they have there now,

Kind regards
    Mike

Name
    birdseye

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    I bought my Cali from them in Feb last year, It was a but of a rush purchase so they didn't have a lot of time to prep the car, After a few days i felt some knocking from the rear so decided to take it to my local main dealer and have a full health check,
    They found quite a few problems including rear shocks, water pump, power steering pump and rack, Battery etc etc,
    Doesnt sound like much of a 190 point pre sale check, does it? But then, Maranello delivered me a car after the 190 point with no functioning heater or aircon. In February! And then tried to argue the toss about picking it up for repair.

Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Doesnt sound like much of a 190 point pre sale check, does it? But then, Maranello delivered me a car after the 190 point with no functioning heater or aircon. In February! And then tried to argue the toss about picking it up for repair.

Correct, It isn't great to sell a car like that but what they did to sort it was great after sales, Just makes sure its been properly checked,!

Mike

Name
    paul

Chris and his service team are brilliant.

However when it came to chopping in my mint 430 for my 488 I went to Birmingham, as they wouldn’t get anywhere near the deal I could get there. Similar when I changed from my 355 to the 430.

So in my experience, too expensive on sales but brilliant in the service team.