Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Warranty Help - Advise

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    north west
    Name
    CPD
    Posts
    2,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    It comes down to how risk averse you are I guess....SNIP SNIP
    I do find it frustrating that things like the dampers are not covered, parts like that should not be failing after minimal mileages and a few years, in contrast the extended warranty on my Vantage has covered TPMS, condensation in rear and headlights, F1 pump, pipes and control module and even boot struts, it also only costs around £1,300 a Year! Ferrari could learn a thing to two!!
    Ferrari warranty, like their finance system is actually backed by the company it is not an insurance policy which is partly why it doesnít cover as much as some others do. Itís also the way it is because.
    1) They really know their cars and their engineering failure modes and 2) The know that one of the biggest threats to the mechanical integrity of their product is a lack of use. The dampers are supplied by a well known manufacturer and Ferrari tops their failure cases mostly because of low mileage. These are called MOVING parts for a reason, they are designed to move and move regularly. A super low mileage car has all of these problems no matter who makes it.

    Having said all of that I have zero sympathy with them in this matter because they have created and fuelled the cult of the low mileage Ferrari.

    Next one you buy try one that has been used regularly you will be amazed at what doesnít wear when you exercise them regularly.

  2. #12
    Kyodo's Avatar
    Kyodo is online now Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Windsor, UK
    Name
    Mark
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    try one that has been used regularly you will be amazed at what doesnít wear when you exercise them regularly.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    usk
    Name
    birdseye
    Posts
    448

    Default

    you can see the value / coverage of a ferrari power guarantee when you are told that it doesnt cover the manifolds on a 430. To anone else those manifolds arent fit for purpose and should have been subject to a recall. But not to Ferrari

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Name
    Darcy
    Posts
    11

    Arrow

    Update,

    Had a bit of a moan to them about the costs of things on a car which I have drove less than 4,000 miles and the fact nothing is ever covered under their warranty so asked to be quoted for works to be done with and without warranty package.

    To be fair to them they came back and lowered the costs across the board with warranty package by around £1,300 so I decided not to risk a major problem going wrong and not being covered and picked another year warranty which is done on a year on year basis and gets cheaper each year.

    I am not weighing up if the added costs are worth the fact I only drive the car 3-4 months of the year, having said that I am sure when the summer hits and the roof is down and you hear that noise I will be happy I have it

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    north west
    Name
    CPD
    Posts
    2,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darcy View Post
    Update,

    Had a bit of a moan to them about the costs of things on a car which I have drove less than 4,000 miles and the fact nothing is ever covered under their warranty so asked to be quoted for works to be done with and without warranty package.

    To be fair to them they came back and lowered the costs across the board with warranty package by around £1,300 so I decided not to risk a major problem going wrong and not being covered and picked another year warranty which is done on a year on year basis and gets cheaper each year.

    I am not weighing up if the added costs are worth the fact I only drive the car 3-4 months of the year, having said that I am sure when the summer hits and the roof is down and you hear that noise I will be happy I have it
    If that is to be your annual mileage then the best advice is to factor in issues associated with relative lack of use and long term periods of inactivity. If you budget for the inevitable issues then you wonít have many surprises. If you see the invoices of used Ferrariís with lots of owners - but low mileages - you will see it is common that cars are moved on when bills like yours arise. Itís likely the fetishising of low mileage Ferrari will always be with us because so many owners have stretched themselves to buy and having so much invested in their cars they canít use them as much as they would like to without incurring financial ruin.

    Having nearly died and survived I have an even more focussed view of my toys - they are really for using.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Name
    Darcy
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    If that is to be your annual mileage then the best advice is to factor in issues associated with relative lack of use and long term periods of inactivity. If you budget for the inevitable issues then you wonít have many surprises. If you see the invoices of used Ferrariís with lots of owners - but low mileages - you will see it is common that cars are moved on when bills like yours arise. Itís likely the fetishising of low mileage Ferrari will always be with us because so many owners have stretched themselves to buy and having so much invested in their cars they canít use them as much as they would like to without incurring financial ruin.

    Having nearly died and survived I have an even more focussed view of my toys - they are really for using.
    I don't drive it much not because of fiance or getting miles low more the fact I like in the UK and you only really get 4-5 months of year in which the weather isn't **** ie rain or roads covered in salt. The cali isnt the most comfortable to drive in crap conditions so I don't see the point in using it unless its at least dry.

    However I understand your point with regards to long term inactivity which is why I have it stored when I dont use it in which they have it on battery generator and give it a run once a month and general maintenance.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    north west
    Name
    CPD
    Posts
    2,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darcy View Post
    I don't drive it much not because of fiance or getting miles low more the fact I like in the UK and you only really get 4-5 months of year in which the weather isn't **** ie rain or roads covered in salt. The cali isnt the most comfortable to drive in crap conditions so I don't see the point in using it unless its at least dry.

    However I understand your point with regards to long term inactivity which is why I have it stored when I dont use it in which they have it on battery generator and give it a run once a month and general maintenance.
    Understood - enjoy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 'Warranty Wise' warranty on a Strad.
    By jo5eph in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 04:15 PM
  2. F430 Advise
    By wolvy in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-11-2007, 06:29 PM
  3. Advise please
    By andyfezza1 in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 12:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •