Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 360CS with 3 pedals

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Default 360CS with 3 pedals

https://petrolicious.com/articles/ra...azS4M6BrFzBqm0

Thoughts? First 'modern' Ferrari I've seen retro-fitted with the classic open gate. I assume it's been converted to be driven, as if it was an 'investment' you'd leave it alone and wrap it up in cotton wool; for that at least we should be thankful.

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Digging on the new Stratos as they come with a manual, but only if the 430 donor car is a manual...I came across this...https://carbuzz.com/features/this-is...a-in-the-world

I do like my manuals...but Andy might have convinced me to be more "open minded"

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    https://petrolicious.com/articles/ra...azS4M6BrFzBqm0

Thoughts? First 'modern' Ferrari I've seen retro-fitted with the classic open gate. I assume it's been converted to be driven, as if it was an 'investment' you'd leave it alone and wrap it up in cotton wool; for that at least we should be thankful.
    Not my cup of tea but hat-tip to the person who did it.

I honestly think the manual gate thing will last a generation then not be a thing anymore but it is yet another in a growing amount of tastefully modified Ferrari. In that respect it is much like my own modification philosophy - i.e. factory parts where possible and either better than factory or factory-esque when not possible.

Great job and as said a thing to be enjoyed rather than kept in limbo.

One thing I learned from my Coma is that absolutely no one would have discussed the mileages of my cars at my funeral....

Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Saw this a while ago and did wonder if it would not be easier/cheaper to get a manual 360 and mod it to CS spec instead?

Not criticising the guy who's done it or how he's done it in any way, far from it, hats off to him. I guess I'm just struggling to see the point when it'd surely be far easier to do it the other way round?

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Saw this a while ago and did wonder if it would not be easier/cheaper to get a manual 360 and mod it to CS spec instead?

Not criticising the guy who's done it or how he's done it in any way, far from it, hats off to him. I guess I'm just struggling to see the point when it'd surely be far easier to do it the other way round?
    Agreed. It really is not what I would do. I don't have an F1 360 but I would have liked one. I certainly would not have done this to one.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

+1

Name
    Carper Mike

My 2p worth is its OK.

An standard F1 360 "converted" to a 360 CS ( if that is even an attainable goal ) is always going to be a pretend CS a.k.a. a modified 360

An actual CS fitted with an inferior / superior gearbox ( depending on your viewpoint ) is always a CS albeit a modified one.

He has clearly done it for himself so on balance = hats off

Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Carper View Post
    My 2p worth is its OK.

An standard F1 360 "converted" to a 360 CS ( if that is even an attainable goal ) is always going to be a pretend CS a.k.a. a modified 360

An actual CS fitted with an inferior / superior gearbox ( depending on your viewpoint ) is always a CS albeit a modified one.

He has clearly done it for himself so on balance = hats off
    I get that and as I say, I wasn’t criticising in any way. I guess I was saying the difference between the two approaches (if you can mod a 360 to CS spec but can’t see why not) would be the badge on the back of one of them. A modded Ferrari is still a modded Ferrai whether you mod it ‘up’ or, well, ‘sideways’ (again, depending on your viewpoint). A modded 360 is only pretending to be a CS if the CS badges are attached, something I think shouldn’t be done. Or in the same way is this car not ‘pretending’ to be a 6 speed gated car?

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

I get that and as I say, I wasn’t criticising in any way. I guess I was saying the difference between the two approaches (if you can mod a 360 to CS spec but can’t see why not) would be the badge on the back of one of them. A modded Ferrari is still a modded Ferrai whether you mod it ‘up’ or, well, ‘sideways’ (again, depending on your viewpoint). A modded 360 is only pretending to be a CS if the CS badges are attached, something I think shouldn’t be done. Or in the same way is this car not ‘pretending’ to be a 6 speed gated car?
    +1
    I think that's the first time I've seen the G word creep into the CS forum and I wasn't expecting it from you!!. C'mon, we're not American

Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    +1
    I think that's the first time I've seen the G word creep into the CS forum and I wasn't expecting it from you!!. C'mon, we're not American

I was deliberately avoiding distinguishing between the two by using the A word - automatic........ which in truth I only do to be irritating

Although I did live the the States a couple of times growing up.

I guess the bottom line for me is that, however much I like the ‘click-clack’ of a 3 pedal car with a gear stick, I’m not sure I’d ever mod a more modern car with a modern gear box (ie paddle) backwards. Arguments for both but personally, if I had a more modern car, it’d be paddles so I could get the most out of the performance as that’s why I’d buy a more modern car in the first place.

As several have said, myself included, it’s his car and the mod appears to have been done well so hats off to him. Merely saying I don’t really see the point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast