Thread: Car Market Q2 update

Name
    Boxer

Default Car Market Q2 update

Just posted a new blog on the car market going into Q2 2019. Both the F355 and Daytona are covered:

https://karenable.com/view-on-the-car-market-q2-2019/

Comments?

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

355 pricing over there seems way out of kilter with the U.K.
    I also think the 360 maintenance costs are at least on a par with the 355. Belts may be done in the car but the 360/430 suspension needs a lot of care to keep in good order and that offsets a good part of it.

Itíll be interesting to see where the U.K. market heads in the mid-term but if it follows the US one Iíll certainly be looking at 355ís.

Where are 328ís over there at the moment?

Name
    Paul

Def not aligned to the UK market unfortunately - or there would be a 355 next to my 430 in the garage... not sure how many were ever delivered to the UK, but it might unfortunately be a different supply/demand equation than in the US

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    355 pricing over there seems way out of kilter with the U.K.
    I also think the 360 maintenance costs are at least on a par with the 355. Belts may be done in the car but the 360/430 suspension needs a lot of care to keep in good order and that offsets a good part of it.

Itíll be interesting to see where the U.K. market heads in the mid-term but if it follows the US one Iíll certainly be looking at 355ís.

Where are 328ís over there at the moment?
    328 GTB are in the $70-80k range.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Interesting to see whatís going on over there as we often lag behind it here yet follow the same trend, albeit with a slight RHD premium on most models.

Bluebottle is offline Pink pimped up Vauxhall Corsa Club Member
    Name
    John Coventry

It's a rollercoaster ride. When prices start to rise, they become a self-fulfilling prophecy, and once they start to fall, same applies. Just now, we're on the down slope, and for how long, I guess nobody knows just yet. I have seen the value of my 550 go from £45K to £130K and now it's back to maybe £90-100K. As I am neither buying nor selling, it matters not a lot to me, but it must be good news for those who saw the car they wanted to own and drive disappear beyond their reach, as they can now start looking again. As to the "investors", they are (or should be) risk takers - you win some, you lose some. If they hadn't worked that one out before, they sure will have now!

If it's a matter of easy to drive, the Dino stands supreme among Ferraris of its era IMO - small, light, nimble - and so a better buy than a Daytona, at a much lower price, although I did notice one of the rare cars with flared arches (which IMO are ugly) selling at around the same level as a Daytona in a recent auction, which I found rather staggering.

One thing is for sure - rarity is a major consideration in pricing.

It will be interesting to see the price at which the next 250 GTO sells. My guess is either there won't be a sale for quite a while, or, if there is, the price will be a closely guarded secret.
    Best wishes, John
    Ferrari: '98 550 Maranello S/N 110995, '73 Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
    Other - see http://bluebottleonline.com/