Thread: F355 oil pressure dial

Name
    Jamie

Default F355 oil pressure dial

Hi

Has anybody else had this issue, my oil pressure dial one minute will be all the way to left, then other times all the way to the right, if you give the dial a few taps it will sometimes shift the needle into a normal position.

It does this every journey, although not thoughout the entire journey, it will give normal readings also

Name
    Carper Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Red355 View Post
    Hi

Has anybody else had this issue, my oil pressure dial one minute will be all the way to left, then other times all the way to the right, if you give the dial a few taps it will sometimes shift the needle into a normal position.

It does this every journey, although not thoughout the entire journey, it will give normal readings also
    Hi.

Yes had exactly the same problem with my 355. Frightens the life out of you at first but then you quickly realise is has zero to do with actual oil pressure.

Mine turned out to be a dry joint in the connection to the gauge in back of instrument cluster .... guess it could equally be the oil pressure sender in the engine bay however ( tapping the dial to correct suggests gauge connection IMO )

A bit annoying so wants fixing but don't let it stop you enjoying the car this Easter weekend

Name
    Jamie

Ah yes, was not one of my greatest experiences When I first clapped eyes on the dial giving these readings

Tapping doesn’t always work but I am confident the issue is with the equipment and not a true reading