Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resin Water Filters

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

I have one of these from Mark and it still leaves spots on my car so still have to dry it down with a towel.
    Leaves horrible tide marks on the 458 front aero wings as it is a concave shape so a small puddle collects there. So if I forget to soak up the water a nice mineral ring remains.
    Donít have a particle reader so donít know how well it is working or ever worked. Only had it 2 years I think and itís not used that often so the resin should still be good.
    Just my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    I have one of these from Mark and it still leaves spots on my car so still have to dry it down with a towel.
    Leaves horrible tide marks on the 458 front aero wings as it is a concave shape so a small puddle collects there. So if I forget to soak up the water a nice mineral ring remains.
    Donít have a particle reader so donít know how well it is working or ever worked. Only had it 2 years I think and itís not used that often so the resin should still be good.
    Just my experience.

Buy a particle checker to make sure it is working OK. Mark sells them but I bought one from Amazon for about 10 quid. Also useful for checking my home water softener is working properly.

Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by francisn View Post
    Buy a particle checker to make sure it is working OK. Mark sells them but I bought one from Amazon for about 10 quid. Also useful for checking my home water softener is working properly.
    +1

I test mine before using it each time and it gives near zero ppm having been through the filter, probably have pics to show that somewhere. No particles means thereís no impurities to leave a mark other than what the water pics up from the air while itís evaporating. If youíre getting marks my guess is itís not working properly.

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    +1

I test mine before using it each time and it gives near zero ppm having been through the filter, probably have pics to show that somewhere. No particles means thereís no impurities to leave a mark other than what the water pics up from the air while itís evaporating. If youíre getting marks my guess is itís not working properly.
    Cheers guys. Will get a meter to see what the reading is

Name
    Mark Wibberley

A few pointers on use of these:

1. You do need to run some water through them every few weeks, about every 2-3 in the summer when its warm, as bacteria can grow in the warm, damp environment. This coats the resin, rendering its performance less than optimal. If the inside of the tank smells of fish, thats your issue. If so, pour in 2-3 capfuls of bleach, backflush (connect wrong way round) at low mains pressure for 1-2 minutes and once water smells pure, reconnect correctly.

2. Ensure the hoses are correctly connected to the IN and OUT stamped on the head.

3. One of the common causes of 'water spots', as Pete says, is dust settling on the water surface or water beads, giving the impression of spots. if they wash straight off, this is the case.

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

It might be grim up North but at least our water is pure and clean
    Iím fascinated by these threads as I donít think Iíve ever seen a water spot using Walesí finest.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    It might be grim up North but at least our water is pure and clean
    Iím fascinated by these threads as I donít think Iíve ever seen a water spot using Walesí finest.
    Agreed. I am curious though and may get myself a particle accelerator for checking my water

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12