Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    Just posted a new blog on our most recent acquisition:

https://karenable.com/decision-time-scg-004s/

Three seater, 650bhp and a manual gearbox

Comments?

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  49.0 KB
    Don’t get the manual gearbox thing personally - especially at that level of performance - and I would be too worried about losing my money and not getting a car. That is of course relevant to how much disposable wealth one has BUT wouldn't you rather for example approach Ferrari tailor made for them to make you a personal dream car rather than the vision of someone else? For the sums involved and the risk why not approach Maranello direct?

I am in this sector of the business along with my business partners and we make a number of bespoke cars for [insert various prestige marques] as few Marques actually ‘make’ their halo cars anyway.

So if I was you I would need to know exactly where my money was going and would want my car to be one of one and totally genuinely unique not menu options unique.

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Don’t get the manual gearbox thing personally - especially at that level of performance - and I would be too worried about losing my money and not getting a car. That is of course relevant to how much disposable wealth one has BUT wouldn't you rather for example approach Ferrari tailor made for them to make you a personal dream car rather than the vision of someone else? For the sums involved and the risk why not approach Maranello direct?

I am in this sector of the business along with my business partners and we make a number of bespoke cars for [insert various prestige marques] as few Marques actually ‘make’ their halo cars anyway.

So if I was you I would need to know exactly where my money was going and would want my car to be one of one and totally genuinely unique not menu options unique.
    SCG is very well funded so not worried about them disappearing into the night with my $$$. In terms of the cost of the car, it not much more than a well spec'ed F8 Tributo

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

I kind of like it. There seems an awful lot of glass around the cockpit and the camera angle makes it look tall? It is unusual and very different

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    I kind of like it. There seems an awful lot of glass around the cockpit and the camera angle makes it look tall? It is unusual and very different
    Definitely unusual. Chances of running into another one in the Waitrose parking lot are extremely low.

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Is it a crate engine, or one designed by them or to their own spec?

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    Is it a crate engine, or one designed by them or to their own spec?
    It's to their own spec.