Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Decision Time: SCG 004S

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Name
    Boxer
    Posts
    433

    Default Decision Time: SCG 004S

    Just posted a new blog on our most recent acquisition:

    https://karenable.com/decision-time-scg-004s/

    Three seater, 650bhp and a manual gearbox

    Comments?


    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  49.0 KB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    north west
    Name
    CPD
    Posts
    2,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    Just posted a new blog on our most recent acquisition:

    https://karenable.com/decision-time-scg-004s/

    Three seater, 650bhp and a manual gearbox

    Comments?


    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  49.0 KB
    Don’t get the manual gearbox thing personally - especially at that level of performance - and I would be too worried about losing my money and not getting a car. That is of course relevant to how much disposable wealth one has BUT wouldn't you rather for example approach Ferrari tailor made for them to make you a personal dream car rather than the vision of someone else? For the sums involved and the risk why not approach Maranello direct?

    I am in this sector of the business along with my business partners and we make a number of bespoke cars for [insert various prestige marques] as few Marques actually ‘make’ their halo cars anyway.

    So if I was you I would need to know exactly where my money was going and would want my car to be one of one and totally genuinely unique not menu options unique.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Name
    Boxer
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Don’t get the manual gearbox thing personally - especially at that level of performance - and I would be too worried about losing my money and not getting a car. That is of course relevant to how much disposable wealth one has BUT wouldn't you rather for example approach Ferrari tailor made for them to make you a personal dream car rather than the vision of someone else? For the sums involved and the risk why not approach Maranello direct?

    I am in this sector of the business along with my business partners and we make a number of bespoke cars for [insert various prestige marques] as few Marques actually ‘make’ their halo cars anyway.

    So if I was you I would need to know exactly where my money was going and would want my car to be one of one and totally genuinely unique not menu options unique.
    SCG is very well funded so not worried about them disappearing into the night with my $$$. In terms of the cost of the car, it not much more than a well spec'ed F8 Tributo

  4. #4
    MalcH's Avatar
    MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Astley, Manchester.
    Name
    Malc Holden
    Posts
    11,533

    Default

    I kind of like it. There seems an awful lot of glass around the cockpit and the camera angle makes it look tall? It is unusual and very different

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Name
    Boxer
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    I kind of like it. There seems an awful lot of glass around the cockpit and the camera angle makes it look tall? It is unusual and very different
    Definitely unusual. Chances of running into another one in the Waitrose parking lot are extremely low.

  6. #6
    mon the fish's Avatar
    mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Name
    Gordon
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Is it a crate engine, or one designed by them or to their own spec?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Name
    Boxer
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    Is it a crate engine, or one designed by them or to their own spec?
    It's to their own spec.

Similar Threads

  1. Need help with an important decision
    By stevew in forum Lounge
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 03:50 PM
  2. Rooney Decision.
    By KenC in forum Sport and F1
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 08:10 PM
  3. Decision time - getting there! HELP!
    By nickhall72 in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •