Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Khpc

Name
    Matt

Default Khpc

Hi all, I'm seriously considering my first Ferrari after three Porsche.
    Can anyone vouch for Kent High Performance Cars, I think they're well respected but even more so than Porsche I want to deal with a respected dealer with integrity, so if summat does go belly up a reasonable outcome can be expected.

Many tnks

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMatt View Post
    Hi all, I'm seriously considering my first Ferrari after three Porsche.
    Can anyone vouch for Kent High Performance Cars, I think they're well respected but even more so than Porsche I want to deal with a respected dealer with integrity, so if summat does go belly up a reasonable outcome can be expected.

Many tnks
    Roger & Co at KHPC will look after you for sure. They've been in the business too long for any mis-behaviour.

Which model are you looking at? Members here may be able to help.

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

As above...

But do get a PPI done in the normal way though.

Any other dealers you consider, do come on and ask. There are a few degenerates out there unfortunately.

Name
    Mark Wibberley

I bought my 360 from them 7 years ago and am their furthest customer who takes it for service - well over 130 miles.

They look after me with utter integrity and I would thoroughly recommend Roger, Claire and their team.

Name
    Matt

Thanks guys, very reassuring. I'm perusing the black 430 spyder, F1 gearbox at 80k. I'd prefer a manual but not for another 40k ! Appreciate any feedback on the car and/or price point here.

Name
    Carper Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MoreThanPolish View Post
    I bought my 360 from them 7 years ago and am their furthest customer who takes it for service - well over 130 miles.

They look after me with utter integrity and I would thoroughly recommend Roger, Claire and their team.
    It is another thumbs up from me for KHPC ..... i make an annual 190 mile round trip for servicing as well having bought my 355 from them 10 years ago

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Thanks guys, very reassuring. I'm perusing the black 430 spyder, F1 gearbox at 80k. I'd prefer a manual but not for another 40k ! Appreciate any feedback on the car and/or price point here.
    The interior on that one is very nice...I have a thing for Daytona seat!

There are a few black 430's on the market at the moment, as I'm sure you have spotted, so should give you an idea of broad "asking price" point. What they sell for...! but I'm guessing less than resale red, so potentially another et of "asking price" points.

Good luck

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Looks smart, I'm starting to think I bought mine just before the market dropped 10% - D'oh! Awesome cars though and I'm really looking forward to getting mine back soon.

Watch for exhaust manifold replacement / repair as these can blow, engine mounts can degrade and rear lights can crack around the mount and become wobbly. Check roof operates correctly without any faults displayed on the dash. Check the history matches up to the car with timely service & attention.

AV Engineering know these cars inside out so could help with PPI, as do Barkaways. Both are local to KHPC.

Good luck.
    Jon

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Yes exhausts are the biggest potential problem i.e expensive, as the normally crack (Brackets on the gearbox mount - then the factory replacements were stronger so this can cause the manifold to break - which can break bits off the pre cat off - which then drop into the engine )

Most people fit the capristo rear mounts which seems to sort out the problem as they allow some thermal movement.

You can get lots of good advice on this forum as we dont have many keyboard experts who dont own a car .

If you PM a mobile number I am happy to call you, and list all the things to watch out for an a 430.

Name
    Mark Wibberley

I have seen and sat in that car 10 days ago.

Its priced to sell by a realistic owner, I fancy it myself.

Anything that needs doing they will do for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast