Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilesí 360 Modena on-line scrapbook

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by giles View Post
    I sometimes think the built up relationship and understanding over time with our MOT guy of choice is the same as my wifeís relationship with her hairdresser!
    Good analogy

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by giles View Post
    One more photo showing my fab MOT guy who Iíve being going to for well over ten years now, I sometimes think the built up relationship and understanding over time with our MOT guy of choice is the same as my wifeís relationship with her hairdresser!
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5166beb467.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Indeed, and have it with my current MOT place for all my cars. Worryingly he is getting close to retirement though.

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    Indeed, and have it with my current MOT place for all my cars. Worryingly he is getting close to retirement though.
    Mine retired last year, well deserved, but trying to find somewhere that you trust not to be a dic* is a challenge, especially as the gov. forces even more restrictions on the MOT stations.

My latest was saying even the high beam/ light check thing will be wired into the MOT system! Seems inconsistent to me that they are being that ana* about some aspects, i.e. effectively not trusting the MOT tester to do their job; but don't require older cars to have MOTs any more! Still, civil servants for you!

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Mine retired last year, well deserved, but trying to find somewhere that you trust not to be a dic* is a challenge, especially as the gov. forces even more restrictions on the MOT stations.

My latest was saying even the high beam/ light check thing will be wired into the MOT system! Seems inconsistent to me that they are being that ana* about some aspects, i.e. effectively not trusting the MOT tester to do their job; but don't require older cars to have MOTs any more! Still, civil servants for you!
    It is. Long story short I have thought about doing MOT's when I retire. A few courses and obviously some knowledge is required up front. Not sure it's realistic for me but I am in a group on FB that does MOT courses and I am seeing some of what you say.

The lighting thing will also catch aftermarket HID's I think. My Z3 has at some point been fitted with aftermarket ones. I suspect I will have to remove them.

giles is offline Del Boy's Reliant Robin Club Member
    Name
    Giles

So, just when you think you’ve done all your jobs you remember another....
    I have had escaping air con gas which although doesn’t affect the driving it renders the car pretty useless when our blistering(!) UK summer hits our shores!
    So, while all the air con places are quiet being winter here now I got it booked in with a fantastic place that I can not recommend highly enough.
    Motorclimate in Warwick have investigated and found the issue. It was a leaking compressor requiring a recondition. All that is now done, I’m gassed up and ready for whatever summer 2020 can throw at me. And yes I will ensure I use the a/c all the time so that the seals are lubricated and the system is kept in tip top order.
    Steve at Motorclimate has said everything has been renewed and is effectively a new unit. Total cost from start to finish £500. This is possibly the best £500 I have spent on the car, a total bargain!
    Now, other than a detail and fitting my Pininfarina badges, the car is now done, everything spot on, happy days!

Name:  20191121_104226.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  75.1 KB

Last edited by giles; 22-11-2019 at 05:48 AM.

Name
    Giles

Name:  20191121_104244.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  61.4 KB

Name
    Giles

Just a couple more photos of my newly reconditioned A/C compressor

Name:  20191121_104300.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  75.5 KB

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Thatís great value as the compressor from Ferrari is £££. Itís a standard item so should be easily refurbed.
    I wonder if he can get my spare done?

Did he change the drier?

Name
    Malc Holden

That is good. My compressor is leaking slightly according to Adam at AE performance. Not much and TBH if he had not said I would not have known. I did not have it re-gassed this year.

However he said a new compressor as mentioned here is not cheap. £500 is a bargain. I may need one sometime in the future.

Name
    Giles

Dryier wasn’t replaced as it was fully functioning exactly as it should.
    If you need AC work these are the guys!
    I’m sure they can recondition any AC compressor they Re-manufacture compressors as their core business.
    Cheers, Giles

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast