Thread: Classic Cars mag F355 values

Name
    Graham

Question Classic Cars mag F355 values

This months Classic Car price guide places “mint” f355’s at 65k and concours at 75k for GTB’s / GTS and Spiders at 2.5k more. Which seems odd. A quick glance at Autotrader shows the lowest price for all on sale as £65k and top end as £125k. Even allowing for the F1 vs manual differential this either means CC Mag is wrong or sellers are in denial. Or is there a third way?

jos is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    jos

PH classified might have a few over a hundred but generally tend towards CC - having said that since when have any guides been much more than exactly that 'a guide'

Name
    Mark Wibberley

Sellers, or those who are trying to sell at £100kk plus because they paid too much for the cars in the first place, are in denial.

if you want your 355 to sell, CC prices are what you will get

Name
    Graham

I agree price guides aren’t always that accurate. But I would have thought that CC’s guides would be.

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by MoreThanPolish View Post
    Sellers, or those who are trying to sell at £100kk plus because they paid too much for the cars in the first place, are in denial.

if you want your 355 to sell, CC prices are what you will get
    This, all day long. Far too many deluded sellers out there, both trade and private

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by rhubarbbear View Post
    I agree price guides aren’t always that accurate. But I would have thought that CC’s guides would be.
    We seem to be in a classic market hollow point where like ‘musical chairs’ the music has stopped and many people are just sitting on their current car and waiting to see what happens. With new Ferrari’s galloping off into the leasing market with extended warranties, nosebleed priced options and service inclusive pricing, the older models will stand alone in their own very different market now.

Deals like the one’s in the classic car mags always seem strangely hard to replicate when I start dipping a toe into the market and when prices are steaming upwards I have seldom sold a car for the levels suggested. Somewhere in the middle will be the best real-world - no stories cars.

The days of the ‘cheap’ ferrari seem long gone BUT thankfully it seems the ‘investment enthusiasts’ have moved on to the never-used special editions. All good IMHO as it leaves more stuff for real enthusiasts to own. One model does seem way way undervalued at the moment to me. The 599 is a massive amount of car for current prices.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    We seem to be in a classic market hollow point where like ‘musical chairs’ the music has stopped and many people are just sitting on their current car and waiting to see what happens. With new Ferrari’s galloping off into the leasing market with extended warranties, nosebleed priced options and service inclusive pricing, the older models will stand alone in their own very different market now.

Deals like the one’s in the classic car mags always seem strangely hard to replicate when I start dipping a toe into the market and when prices are steaming upwards I have seldom sold a car for the levels suggested. Somewhere in the middle will be the best real-world - no stories cars.

The days of the ‘cheap’ ferrari seem long gone BUT thankfully it seems the ‘investment enthusiasts’ have moved on to the never-used special editions. All good IMHO as it leaves more stuff for real enthusiasts to own. One model does seem way way undervalued at the moment to me. The 599 is a massive amount of car for current prices.
    +1