Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: breakdown cover

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post

Ferrari have their scheme but I think that is for cars that are serviced by them; I’m sure others will confirm/correct.

Failing the above its old school; call a mate and get a tow rope going! (Challenge for max speed towed!!!)
    This was the reply and a couple of forms attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Customer Care
    Dear Sir,
    Thank you very much for contacting us and for the interest in the WithYou Program.
    In response to your email below, we would like to inform you that, in order to activate the program reserved only to Ferrari cars registered in UK and Italy and currently not covered by any other warranty, the car should be first checked by the dealer, sticking with the latest GDPR Privacy regulations.
    For this reason, we kindly ask you to send us the following documents:

• Filled in and signed Privacy Form here attached (once you filled in all its sections, it should be forwarded as a single file in a non-editable pdf format to our email address);
    • Copy of the vehicle registration certificate;
    • Copy of the check list of the state of vehicle or last document showing the status of your vehicle: please find the form to be filled in by the dealer here attached.

Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation, we remain at your complete disposal for any further clarification you may need.
    Best regards,
    The last bullet point being I take to a dealer for them to assess the car which I guess there's a cost associated and/or a pile of work they deem necessary . Thinking about it.
    Last edited by MalcH; 11-06-2019 at 10:34 AM.

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

^^^ and that's why my form is still sitting in the study, three years after printing it off

I really CBA taking it all the way to a main dealer when I've already got breakdown cover, for the UK at least. Would probably do it for going abroad though

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    ^^^ and that's why my form is still sitting in the study, three years after printing it off

I really CBA taking it all the way to a main dealer when I've already got breakdown cover, for the UK at least. Would probably do it for going abroad though
    Agreed, probably am not going to bother myself. However whilst I have some breakdown with the bank I'm not sure for my 360 I want to use that.

I got the info and email address from the UK number in this link and the guy told me that it was covered as a Ferrari but if I want to do it officially to email customerservice@owners.ferrari.com. Hence the reply and my second thoughts.

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

Previously I've been registered on "With You" but recently have not registered as I have been covered by my insurance policy. I'm changing insurer and the standard cover does not include breakdown cover though it is available at extra cost.

I have now been informed by my dealer that the cover is now called "Ferrari Forever" and there is no need to register or have checks done. I have been given a number to call in the event of a breakdown in the UK. Cover is not comprehensive but it will get the car recovered to the nearest Ferrari dealer which is good enough for me.

I am very suprised it is so easy as all Ferraris out of warranty are automatically included and wondered if anyone else can confirm my findings given recent posts on this thread.

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

To verify I decided to call the number provided and the operator asked me one question - how old is your Ferrari? When i said 10 years they confirmed I was covered with no need to register or have any checks done in advance. So I'm happy to renew my insurance without taking out the optional breakdown cover.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Just to reopen the above discussion about the Ferrari roadside recovery. Do we have a definitive answer for this as today I enquired about renewing and it's going to require a workshop appraisal @ 300 squids.

I'm thinking Francis's solution of normal European breakdown and a list of reputable dealers and workshops in Europe is a good idea.

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    Just to reopen the above discussion about the Ferrari roadside recovery. Do we have a definitive answer for this as today I enquired about renewing and it's going to require a workshop appraisal @ 300 squids.

I'm thinking Francis's solution of normal European breakdown and a list of reputable dealers and workshops in Europe is a good idea.
    Guess itís something Ferrari no longer want to offer and are trying to kill it off.

Would be much better ways to go about this if they thought about it.

Name
    jos

Its probably the reverse: maintain your car within the network and no appraisal is needed

Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Its probably the reverse: maintain your car within the network and no appraisal is needed
    That was not mentioned as a condition to me by the dealer or the operative on the breakdown number I called. However, they will only recover the far to a main dealer.

Name
    Andy

I reached out to them to renew my breakdown cover and was told the same, process has changed and you now need a dealer inspection prior which is a pain because I only had my car service at the main dealer a month prior.

I've not done anymore with it..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast