Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: breakdown cover

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Fcar_101 View Post
    I reached out to them to renew my breakdown cover and was told the same, process has changed and you now need a dealer inspection prior which is a pain because I only had my car service at the main dealer a month prior.

I've not done anymore with it..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    ...and why would you? £300 will get you 2-3 years cover with one of the main breakdown companies anyway, so what's the benefit to you as a Ferrari owner? AA etc. will recover you to the garage of your choice anyway. This might belong in the other thread "Main dealer BS".

Name
    Andy

I did do one thing...I reached out to the dealer on the basis the car was just in for its yearly (been going there for the last 6 years) to see if they could complet the form for me given they knew the car and it was just in but not heard back...

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Interested in this myself now - since I'll be changing insurers, I'm losing the breakdown cover I had.

AA seems to be getting mostly positive comments here? I did get a quote yesterday which seemed reasonable - Greenflag were a fair bit cheaper (at least, according to one of the comparison sites) - but my g/f had a bad experience with them a couple of years ago and it's kind of put me off.

On PH, lots of people seem to recommend AutoAid - anybody use them?

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by dave964 View Post
    Interested in this myself now - since I'll be changing insurers, I'm losing the breakdown cover I had.

AA seems to be getting mostly positive comments here? I did get a quote yesterday which seemed reasonable - Greenflag were a fair bit cheaper (at least, according to one of the comparison sites) - but my g/f had a bad experience with them a couple of years ago and it's kind of put me off.

On PH, lots of people seem to recommend AutoAid - anybody use them?
    I've been an AutoAid customer for a number of years, handy as one fee covers all cars and IIRC any car I'm in, even as a passenger.

Only used it once, ironically for the 550 when it went electrically dead last year. They came out on a Sunday and recovered it to my indy the next day.

From memory, cars are collected by a local firm and then dropped off somewhere (motorway services or whatever) for forwarding on by someone else. Due to the type of car, it was agreed between me, the recovery guys themselves and the phone operator to store it securely at the recovery guys site overnight instead of somewhere random. I think this was against their policy (should have been at services as I said) but because it had been agreed we would do it that way, they stuck to it. The local guys took it all the way to the indy (3 hours drive)

Apart from that small hiccup all was fine, and I'm still a customer

Name
    Dave

Thanks.

That handover thing makes me nervous - although it worked out OK for you that time, it doesn't sound like it would be guaranteed.

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Agreed, I don't want my 550 sitting somewhere overnight I don't know. I'm not sure if it was slight incompetence on the part of the phone operative, in that he agreed to something he shouldn't have done. It sounded like that, and also that the local recovery guys had a decent level of autonomy in that they agreed it was the best course of action.

Great VFM though, didn't pay a penny for the recovery from home to the indy. £40ish a year, can't complain really

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Given how much we all pay for other stuff on these cars, even if you had to pay directly for overnight storage shouldn’t be a problem!!

Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Given how much we all pay for other stuff on these cars, even if you had to pay directly for overnight storage shouldn’t be a problem!!
    It's the other way around. I've now spent so much on cars, I can't afford overnight storage.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234