Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bumper respray price

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Autotec was also highly recommended to me some years ago when I had my 348 and was looking to get some work done.

Never got the work done in the end so didn't use them but they had some interesting stuff in when I visited to get the estimate.

swnyradar is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post

- Spray Master (DL's in house body shop! Not really recommended by Andy );
    It's a thumbsdown from me on DL spraymaster, standards must have slipped since Mark C last used them.

Name
    ian

Had my 550 bumper done in november, charged 750 ... plus vat, used them before when they did a full re spray on my 348, i kept calling in to see the progress, superb job....suppose it depends where you live to how much you pay.. dealers charge a few quid more than good paintshops.

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Little update...

Quote back from Autotec, which I was happy with so tried to contact them to confirm details and book the car in. They don't answer their phone, the answer machine message says as such and to email them. So a few emails over the last two weeks with no response; so gave up with them.

Chased Ady Godwin for a quote as they had lost some details. Quote was better than Autotec so just been out to see them; some fun roads and a good excuse to get out in the car in the sun. Liked the guys there and the work that they are not allowed to publicise, so confident in what they will do. Car is being booked in for early Sept sometime

I'm only getting the bumper done for now as I'm sure in a few years I will want a complete re-spray as we get a few more stone chips etc, so little point in my view doing just the front end now and blending in etc.; although Ady's quote for the front end was very tempting.

(Thanks Mark and Andy for putting me onto him. But if it goes wrong its naturally all your fault )

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Little update...

Quote back from Autotec, which I was happy with so tried to contact them to confirm details and book the car in. They don't answer their phone, the answer machine message says as such and to email them. So a few emails over the last two weeks with no response; so gave up with them.

Chased Ady Godwin for a quote as they had lost some details. Quote was better than Autotec so just been out to see them; some fun roads and a good excuse to get out in the car in the sun. Liked the guys there and the work that they are not allowed to publicise, so confident in what they will do. Car is being booked in for early Sept sometime

I'm only getting the bumper done for now as I'm sure in a few years I will want a complete re-spray as we get a few more stone chips etc, so little point in my view doing just the front end now and blending in etc.; although Ady's quote for the front end was very tempting.

(Thanks Mark and Andy for putting me onto him. But if it goes wrong its naturally all your fault )

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Little update...

I never said a word

Yes, there are some very nice roads around that area. Probably why I kept driving past the place

What was the figure in the end if you don't mind sharing?

Name
    Adrian

Andy, the quote was 600 inc vat, so happy with that!

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Andy, the quote was 600 inc vat, so happy with that!
    Compared to the initial up to 2,500 depending on what they fancied charging . I mean what needed doing, sorry..... I'd be quite happy too

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

As an aside I had a quote from Everyman to repaint the Vantage's complete front, blended at the sides, and the price quoted is 1,500 which I thought pretty good

Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    As an aside I had a quote from Everyman to repaint the Vantage's complete front, blended at the sides, and the price quoted is 1,500 which I thought pretty good
    Ady was 2k inc vat, so there or there abouts!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast