Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 348 owners celebrate...sorry 360 owners

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Default 348 owners celebrate...sorry 360 owners

So according to FOC this month "The 360 Modena is currently the most affordable mid-engine V8 powered two seater Ferrari that you can buy"

Anybody with a 360 want to trade for my 348? Your car plus some cash should do it; not much cash … I'm feeling charitable today

I also liked the report on the Silverstone track day with the 430 as the main picture...good looking car, but as far as I saw the closest that car got to the track was the parking lot!!!!

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Blimey - I guess my thread really did push the price of 360s down.

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Dave what have you done

but not biting

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

What is the definition of most affordable? To buy, to run or a combination of both.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

To be fair I think the overlap there is in prices is more a function of there always being more 360s on the market than 348s and in a market which has slowed down there's more 360s not selling than 348s not selling. A 348/360 swap is an option now though although I'd suggest it'd be a very good 348 for a 360 at the low end of the market. The overlap is certainly there now though.

Got to say, Adrian, if you've had enough of the old-school feel of your 348 then cars like this look pretty good value to me right now:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...k--rhd/9763942

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...f1-rhd/7097745

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...f1-2dr/8214398

I looked at changing to a 360 a year or 2 ago and may eventually do it. Really do like them. Just couldn't quite bring myself to do it. If I wanted something a bit more useable I would be tempted though.

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by KenC View Post
    What is the definition of most affordable? To buy, to run or a combination of both.
    Fair point and I think it's probably both. Flicking through the dealers who have fixed price servicing the cost of a service cycle of annuals and majors is about the same from 348/355 to a 360. Some parts are probably a little more on a 360 but I'd guess servicing and running costs are now about the same. There was a time when engine out belt changes cost far more but I think people have got wise to the fact that it's really not as big a deal taking the engine out as it seems. Over in the states the dealers often charge barking prices for it though - the same engine out major I'd get for say £1300 here can run at over $8000 there. Totally nuts!

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by KenC View Post
    Could be; just the foc magazine headline seemed a bit odd!

I didn’t realise that the 360 were that low for the “higher” mileage ones! Two years ago they were in a different price bracket from 348s; how times change and or time flies!!!!

I am considering changing; not because I don’t love driving the 348, if the cabin had 2inches extra leg room I wouldn’t even be considering it, but being 6.1 ish it’s a tad cramped with the targa behind the seats!

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    I didn’t realise that the 360 were that low for the “higher” mileage ones! Two years ago they were in a different price bracket from 348s; how times change and or time flies!!!!

I am considering changing; not because I don’t love driving the 348, if the cabin had 2inches extra leg room I wouldn’t even be considering it, but being 6.1 ish it’s a tad cramped with the targa behind the seats!
    I think a foldable soft top would be cheaper than changing cars. Have you made a serious attempt at finding one?

Edit: They’re not common but they can be found. To put it in perspective I’ve had 4 of them at different times over the last 8 years; swapped one for an original black targa, sold 2 others, kept 1 (which I want for the same reason as you could do with one). They can be found if you look hard enough.
    Last edited by Nosevi; 17-06-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Allandwf is offline Essex boy's Ford Capri Club Member
    Name
    Allan Fisher

Default 348

I think they appeal to different buyers now, with some crossover. When I bought my 348 I specifically wanted the old school feel. I also wanted a car I would not be afraid to work on and use. My budget could have stretched to a 355 or a 360, better built and, to some, more desirable, but for me they did not tick all the boxes the 348 does. It also leaves a war chest if required

Angelis is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Sy

Quote Originally Posted by dave964 View Post
    Blimey - I guess my thread really did push the price of 360s down.
    No, they dropped 25% the day after I got mine.

And 348 prices have been increasing steadily since them.

Not that I'm paranoid but..................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast