Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F430 Prices

Name
    Amar

Default F430 Prices

Hi All,
    I am looking at returning to the fold, my last Ferrari was a 360 Modena back in 2002. I fancy a Rosso F430 coupe as a Sunday toy and have been watching the market for several months. Prices tend to range between £75-£107k for the F1 semi auto. My question is why are these cars not selling? The same cars have been with the dealers for several months now. Are the F430ís over priced? Is there a Brexit price adjustment in the horizon?
    I would appreciate any expert thoughts on this matter before I part with my hard earned cash. The 430 will be a keeper for sunny days only, I have a hybrid Golf for the other 99.99% of the year!
    PS Should I consider a spider also? Iíve never been sure of a convertible in the UK.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Iíd think a lot of cars arenít selling because many buyers think (hope) there will be a downward correction around the corner and so are holding on and many sellers think (hope) there wonít be so donít want to drop their asking prices. Who will crack first ?

Another aspect is many cars on the market are there simply speculatively - if they sell they sell, if not never mind. That tends to keep the prices artificially high because serious sellers donít want to underprice their car.

Depending on how much of a hurry youíre in I think next year will be telling regarding the market overall but I donít see a crash this year. Could easily be wrong but the market is traditionally quiet over the winter so Iím sure Brexit will be done and dusted by next spring. The politicians have promised it will so it must be true......

Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Iíd think a lot of cars arenít selling because many buyers think (hope) there will be a downward correction around the corner and so are holding on and many sellers think (hope) there wonít be so donít want to drop their asking prices. Who will crack first ?

Another aspect is many cars on the market are there simply speculatively - if they sell they sell, if not never mind. That tends to keep the prices artificially high because serious sellers donít want to underprice their car.

Depending on how much of a hurry youíre in I think next year will be telling regarding the market overall but I donít see a crash this year. Could easily be wrong but the market is traditionally quiet over the winter so Iím sure Brexit will be done and dusted by next spring. The politicians have promised it will so it must be true......

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Fcar_101 View Post

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
    I think itís easy to see why prices are all over the place.

The cars are!

I did a cursory canter through the market when I was going to sell mine. I could not believe how much variation there was. This was both in condition and price and having seen some comically clocked cars that are obviously chasing the Ďlow mileageí ££££ market, I would only go by official franchise cars for sale as to the accurate state of the market. Sure take 10% off that for a private sale but the good genuine cars are priced right. Some rogue cars out there now and prices reflect the wide variation present.

A service book alone is not enough for me I want ALL the invoices.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    I think itís easy to see why prices are all over the place.

The cars are!

I did a cursory canter through the market when I was going to sell mine. I could not believe how much variation there was. This was both in condition and price and having seen some comically clocked cars that are obviously chasing the Ďlow mileageí ££££ market, I would only go by official franchise cars for sale as to the accurate state of the market. Sure take 10% off that for a private sale but the good genuine cars are priced right. Some rogue cars out there now and prices reflect the wide variation present.

A service book alone is not enough for me I want ALL the invoices.
    +1

Especially the point about obviously clocked cars. My advice to anyone looking is to buy on condition and ignore the odometer readings entirely. When you see low mileage examples with holes in the carpet where your heel sits and totally worn seat bolsters it makes you wonder if the sellers are so thick they canít lie convincingly or think buyers are so thick you donít have to.

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    +1

Especially the point about obviously clocked cars. My advice to anyone looking is to buy on condition and ignore the odometer readings entirely. When you see low mileage examples with holes in the carpet where your heel sits and totally worn seat bolsters it makes you wonder if the sellers are so thick they canít lie convincingly or think buyers are so thick you donít have to.
    ...The most outrageous I have seen was a Rosso Crema car with sports seats where the seat leather had been swapped so it was slightly worn on the Ďwrongí side of the drivers seats but clearly worn and coloured in on the passenger side. When I asked how it hap happened the salesman said...

ďThe previous owners were on the large side and his partner was bigger than himĒ

Oh OK that sounds plausible LOL

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

I've also seen the mismatch between seat wear and mileage (allegedly under 10k) on an official dealer car, so be very very careful...

Name
    Mark Wibberley

One of my pals selling this if of interest: one owner low mileage 430 Spyder 08/08 with under seven thousand miles,in Rosso Scuderia

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    I've also seen the mismatch between seat wear and mileage (allegedly under 10k) on an official dealer car, so be very very careful...
    Seriously worrying that...

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Seriously worrying that...
    It was a red/crema 575, with IIRC 9k miles on it - was definitely under 10k. This was 3 years ago, and the drivers bolster on it was almost worn through. My 550 with 40k-odd miles at the time had nowhere near the wear.

Based on my location, I'll let you guess the dealer in question. They had brought along some of their approved used models to a trackday, and due to the age of the car I'm sure it was only in the official network due to the low mileage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast