Thread: Cat 5/S5 Tracker installer

Shak is offline Burnt out Rover Metro Club Member
    Name
    Demus

Default Cat 5/S5 Tracker installer

Hi

I have recently got a new car (Ferrari) and one of the pre-requisite for insurance cover is a Cat5 or S5 tracker being installed and subscription is on.

The car already has an old Cat 5 installed however when I called to activate was advised it would be 300 per year. Was told that this was because it was an old model and if I wanted to reduce the cost I would have to install a new tracker which has a cheap subscription. As I hate the notion of regular subscription, I have looked for one off payment style as I intend the keep the car for at least 3-4 years. Hence I have come across tracker called SmarTrack s% which supplied, fit and lifetime of ownership is about 1k i.e. equivalent to old 3 year cost with the added advantage of being able to use on mobile device.

So questions are

1. thoughts on the tracker or suggestions of others
    2. other trackers that offer lifetime style tracker
    3. recommended installer in the East London / Essex catchment area with older style ferrari i.e. 2007

Thanks

Shak is offline Burnt out Rover Metro Club Member
    Name
    Demus

Just a quick update.

For insurance purposes I needed a Cat 5/S5 tracker and as I intend to keep the car for at least 4-5 years I went for Smartrack S5 tracker.

Reason was installation was 500 and lifetime sub was 499 vs 300 per year for Navtrak vs Metatrak (700 including 3 year sub but another 400 for 3 years at renewal).Hence I went for the overall cheapest cost of ownership i.e. 1k. Obviously if I don't keep the car for 4 years then Metatrak would be the better cost option but rather plan for the worse case scenario.

On a side note, from my research Metatrak seems to have the best app support if you are interested in knowing more about details of the car.