Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 360 Modena reg V646 FLN - anyone know it ?

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

To be fair I think everyone has a price below which theyíll just keep their car, itís worth more to them than that. That said if a carís up for auction youíd think the current owner is motivated to sell. It also depends entirely on the car - just because one car is up for sale for x doesnít mean another car is worth that, on closer inspection there may be some distance between the two.

If halfway reasonable 360s have fallen to a point where under £40k is a fair offer (and I donít think they have) then theyíve passed 348s on the way down - I know what a few of 348s have gone for very recently and it isnít south of £40k. Thereís always deals to be had at the end of the season but I think many sellers are hanging on and waiting for the spring before significantly lowering their expectations.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

When decent 360's were below £40k, they were still more costly to buy than everything pre-dating them (with obvious exceptions of course). The comments here could lead me to believe the 360 is dropping like a stone whilst every other model bar-none is now worth substantially more. Odd.

Perhaps not quite as odd as a 'full service history' 19 year old Ferrari with ten stamps!
    Last edited by Kyodo; 31-08-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    When decent 360's were below £40k, they were still more costly to buy than everything pre-dating them (with obvious exceptions of course). The comments here could lead me to believe the 360 is dropping like a stone whilst every other model bar-none is now worth substantially more. Odd.

Perhaps not quite as odd as a 'full service history' 19 year old Ferrari with ten stamps!
    As I said, I very much doubt under £40k is currently a sensible price for a RHD 360. Buyers may want it to be but I doubt it is although Iíve not carefully watched the 360 market. I know exactly what my 348 is currently worth because Iíve had 2 recent offers for her (not interesting in selling though). By definition a car is worth what a buyer will pay and a 348 in very good condition will still fetch a decent price, albeit a tad down from 2 years ago.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    As a follow-up to this - I spoke to the auction house this morning, and bids of £39,200 and £39,600 were knocked back so car still unsold.

Can't help thinking that it was daft to knock that back, with no-one knowing what's going on with the car market in the near future...
    That was what Tim was asking for a 360 F1 (lower mileage I suspect) in 2010 when I went to see a F355 he had at less than £30k IIRC. I was tempted for a 360 then but it was just too much for me. Despite this being an F1 and more so 64k (the one Tim had was immaculate), on the surface of it, £40k does seem cheap and if it was mine I would not let it go for that regardless to what the market says or thinks.

As above it depends on how desperate somebody is to sell. This side of Brexit I just would not bother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12