Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another 650S Spider daily driver

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

To be honest, it's the Ferrari which makes the whole situation worse. It's ancient - almost as old as me (I may be lying about my age a tad there though......), ~35k miles etc. etc. - and doesn't have any of these issues.

Admittedly, it's a tad more simple - but I'm pretty sure Ferrari would be able to fold a mirror out!

Name
    Barry

I've been following your thread with interest on PH. I work as an ARDS circuit instructor and regularly work with Supercar experience days, recently I was working with a 570s at one of these days. During the event we were unable to open the passenger door from outside or inside using the switch, we had to pull the emergency release cord, the key was not recognised by the car unless you waved it next to the dash and the car had a problem with the fuel tank valve which resulted in it taking approx 15 mins to refuel the tank. These issues plus the depreciation are hitting McLaren values hard, I know somebody who recently bought a 570S, he paid 90K for an 18 month old car that cost the original owner 189K, so it depreciated nearly 100k in 18 months ! They are amazing cars to drive, suspension on the 570s is superb and they are very quick, I own a 458 and it is definitely faster and better handling than my 458 but the depreciation and problems that seem to occur on a large proportion of McLarens will see me sticking to the Prancing Horse for the foreseeable future.

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Dave, its a shame to hear of the list of woes. Sounds like they have their share of "Friday afternoon" cars, which isn't on given the price point. I hope McLaren mange to sort them out for you and you can get back to enjoying the car! (I look forward to the video of doughnuts in the snow ) Hopefully the dealer service experience softens the little niggles?

As an aside, I'm amused by the keys not being recognised, switches not working (TVR?). Latest TV adds have people opening their cars with their phones...as my phone is "somewhere" and when I do have it is often out of battery I wonder what would happen Personally I prefer locks that can be operated with a screw driver or coat hanger

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

The key not found issue isn't one I've suffered from - which is bizarre, since I think it's a far more common problem than the ones I've been having! I think it's only happened to me one single time.

The dealer isn't winning any prizes really. I mailed them early yesterday morning - making it very clear that I was extremely unhappy with the car, and wanted them to tell me when I could bring it in - and when I finally gave up waiting for them and called them early afternoon, the service woman hadn't even read the email.

It's booked in for Tuesday now - let's see how it goes....... I suppose the only positive is that they did stop the roof leaking, and they did stop the suspension warnings by topping the fluid up. On the other hand, I've got more failures now than when that was happening.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123