Quote Originally Posted by Ian355 View Post
Bought mine outright after the house was mine not the building societies.
Probably not what you want to hear but I cannot see the logic in having finance on a toy. A big bill, job loss, company goes bankrupt all could make for a bitter ownership experience. Rebuilds were said to be £1500 a pot when I bought my 355, but that was 17 years ago.
Iím retired now so I can see my ownership coming to an end, but have set aside a certain amount to spend on the car and itís use. After that I will put it up for sale. I donít need any more worry in my life, itís too short.
I hope you achieve your dream but think carefully and do your research.
Best wishes Ian
Only entered the Ferrari marque when I could buy outright and the mortgages were paid off. Having sold a business a few years ago I bought my V8 and V12 dream cars and set about tinkering with them so they were 100% right for me. I have reached a point in my life where I donít owe anything to anyone or any institutions. It is a very nice place to be. Having said that with a major health event last year and an ongoing property project going on I sold one of my other Ďspecial carsí (Alfa 8C Spider) last year. The Ferrariís have started to feel like too much of a dead weight for the times I have had to use them and the ongoing situation with UK roads but I am sure all that will change when I move full-time to Italy