Thread: Removing electric window switches on F430

Name
    Dino Leone

Default Removing electric window switches on F430

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and have tried to find the answer to this question within the forum but cannot seem to locate anything relevant.
    I have the usual 'sticky' switch syndrome and would like to remove the electric window switches to clean them off (or replace them).
    I cannot find any instructions anywhere on how to remove them, but it seems like it should be quite easy......hmmmm.

Before I start, I was wondering if anyone here had previous experience that they'd like to share before I inadvertently break something...
    I'm guessing that to access the switches I need to remove the carbon fibre 'centre vent' panel which appears to be held in place with 2 screws underneath the plaque...is there more to remove than just that?
    Do I need to remove the vents before the panel comes off?

Any help is gratefully received.

Tackleberry is offline Del Boy's Reliant Robin Club Member
    Name
    Anthony Gnapp

Hello Dino,

In addition to the Screws under the Plaque you need to remove the Stereo Unit. This then gives access to two more Screws.
    Remove these, then pull the Panel forward.

Unplug the Connectors, then on the the back you will see the Screws that retain the Switches.
    Undo these and your Switches are free !

JohnJStewart is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    John Stewart

Default Sticky switches

Quote Originally Posted by f1dino View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and have tried to find the answer to this question within the forum but cannot seem to locate anything relevant.
    I have the usual 'sticky' switch syndrome and would like to remove the electric window switches to clean them off (or replace them).
    I cannot find any instructions anywhere on how to remove them, but it seems like it should be quite easy......hmmmm.

Before I start, I was wondering if anyone here had previous experience that they'd like to share before I inadvertently break something...
    I'm guessing that to access the switches I need to remove the carbon fibre 'centre vent' panel which appears to be held in place with 2 screws underneath the plaque...is there more to remove than just that?
    Do I need to remove the vents before the panel comes off?

Any help is gratefully received.

Sign up on YouTube or plain old web for Normal Guy Supercar for tons of great F430 repairs including this one.
    https://www.normalguysupercar.com/fe...ttons-removal/