Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dino, fresh out of restoration

Name
    Philip

Default Dino, fresh out of restoration

A friend of mine in the states has had his Dino restored after a very nasty incident with an icy road and a telegraph pole........ he just sent me these pictures as the car is now returned to it's former glory and looking superb, and his licence plate is very apt! Best thing is he drives it too, 300miles last weekend.

Thought that Albert/tablet counter etc etc may like to see another example
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by fezzaphil
    A friend of mine in the states has had his Dino restored after a very nasty incident with an icy road and a telegraph pole........ he just sent me these pictures as the car is now returned to it's former glory and looking superb, and his licence plate is very apt! Best thing is he drives it too, 300miles last weekend.

No Ferrari Badges, No Headlight Covers

Just as it should be.

I love the way they can make up plates from state to state in America. They pay a few hundred dollars, we pay thousands and still can't make up what we want

Its a shame more people don't drive these cars.

On my trip back from the Targa Florio i put 850 miles on mine in one day. Left Monaco at about 10am and was indoors @ Hertford just gone Midnight.

Stayed at 80-90mph all day long, didn't miss a beat.
    Last edited by Albert V8; 15-06-2006 at 04:36 PM.

Name
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Albert V8
    No Ferrari Badges, No Headlight Covers

Just as it should be.

I love the way they can make up plates from state to state in America. They pay a few hundred dollars, we pay thousands and still can't make up what we want

Its a shame more people don't drive these cars.

On my trip back from the Targa Florio i put 850 miles on mine in one day. Left Monaco at about 10am and was indoors @ Hertford just gone Midnight.

Stayed at 80-90mph all day long, didn't miss a beat.
    Think he'd like to see some pics of your trip if you've got any, I first met Bob at Goodwood and have stayed in touch since, he's a big Dino fan.

Glad to hear yours is running so well, where can I find details on the Targa Florio rally, I guess you would reccomend it.

Name
    Alan

Less than $100 actually.........$40 in Texas. IIRC

I'm cooking up some good ones for my two, once maintenance schedule is caught up to date....

Think he'd like to see some pics of your trip if you've got any, I first met Bob at Goodwood and have stayed in touch since, he's a big Dino fan.

Glad to hear yours is running so well, where can I find details on the Targa Florio rally, I guess you would reccomend it.
    Targa Thread here m8.

http://www.fcars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5840&page=2

Also good thread and photos of my Dino taken by Kevin. This thread is from the 'Darkside' Kevin drove a beautiful Ermini!

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=109598

My fav pictures.

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

I do think that these are exceptionally beautiful cars,certainly one of my favourites...

How can anyone not think otherwise?
    Last edited by Fraccie; 15-06-2006 at 06:28 PM.
    4052'31.17"N............. 2920'25.48"E

Name
    dinosaurus

Default drive mine too

Drive mine all the time, just keeps getting rusty!!!!!!!!!

Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by fezzaphil View Post

That looks great. No front number plate either to spoil those fine lines.

Must get mine out more often. Only been out a couple of times so far this year, and currently broken with an ignition problem - but that should be fixed very shortly.

Name
    andrea

Lush - My fav .... thanks for the pic sharing.

Those were happy days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast