Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 212

Thread: F355 & 360 prices - confused!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Souffampton innit
    Name
    Geoff
    Posts
    1,253

    Default F355 & 360 prices - confused!!

    I thought I was after a lowish mileage F355 Berlinetta but scouring the Autotrader it seems 360's are becoming more common in the late 40K bracket. Is it normal for 355's to retain their value so much and if so is there a reason for this. I can understand the 360's coming down a bit due to the 430 but the do seem quite affordable at the moment!!

    So, shall I get a 50K 355 or 360. Will 355's keep up around the 50K mark if they ar sub 15K mileage? A few dealers seem to be taking the piss with prices at the moment and obviously don't scan the ads for similar mileage cars / prices!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Name
    DCS
    Posts
    2,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geofflowe View Post
    I thought I was after a lowish mileage F355 Berlinetta but scouring the Autotrader it seems 360's are becoming more common in the late 40K bracket. Is it normal for 355's to retain their value so much and if so is there a reason for this. I can understand the 360's coming down a bit due to the 430 but the do seem quite affordable at the moment!!

    So, shall I get a 50K 355 or 360. Will 355's keep up around the 50K mark if they ar sub 15K mileage? A few dealers seem to be taking the piss with prices at the moment and obviously don't scan the ads for similar mileage cars / prices!!
    I'd rather have a straight 355 for 50k than a 360 with a story behind it for the same money.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Souffampton innit
    Name
    Geoff
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    Thanks! Any 355 GTS or Berlinettas coming your way with low mileage??

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bremen
    Name
    G
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    please bear with me cos i know **** all about the motor trade...but following 355 pricesfor my own interest...

    but i'd say that good 355's are overlapping rough 360 money. But rough 355's are starting to seriously impacting 348 money.
    I'd say 355's aren't selling for what they are being advertised for.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Name
    Nicholas Johnson
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geofflowe View Post
    I thought I was after a lowish mileage F355 Berlinetta but scouring the Autotrader it seems 360's are becoming more common in the late 40K bracket. Is it normal for 355's to retain their value so much and if so is there a reason for this. I can understand the 360's coming down a bit due to the 430 but the do seem quite affordable at the moment!!

    So, shall I get a 50K 355 or 360. Will 355's keep up around the 50K mark if they ar sub 15K mileage? A few dealers seem to be taking the piss with prices at the moment and obviously don't scan the ads for similar mileage cars / prices!!
    Hello,

    From the experience we have had 360 values have fallen somewhat in recent times because for some people they are not so keen on the looks (a matter of personal taste of course!). By contrast the 355 is more of a rare sight these days and has already established 'classic' status according to some and is acknowledged to be one of the great all time Ferrari's, hence values are remaining strong. I would go for a good 355 every time over a low price 360, because they are just so agonisingly pretty and well, i just love them!

    I'm sure Elms can shed even more light on the above through greater day to day experience etc..

    Just thought i would give my two pennies worth Re values...

    Supersonic

  6. #6
    Murph7355's Avatar
    Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Here there and everywhere
    Name
    Murph
    Posts
    14,313

    Default

    As Ken will no doubt second, you have to be comparing like for like cars. ie. a ropey 360 is likely to cost less than a mint 355.

    However, I also believe that the 355 will have firmer values than the 360 in future - less made, and the "character" thing is that bit more...time will tell.

    Note that the mileages on many 355s are fairy tales. Speedos break very easily.

    The moral? Decide which you like most (they're both quite different - drive both), what your budget is and buy ONLY on condition, not the numbers showing on the dials.

    You will also be much better served (generally) by a car that's done a good chunk of its miles recently.

  7. #7
    Murph7355's Avatar
    Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Here there and everywhere
    Name
    Murph
    Posts
    14,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luckycolourblue View Post
    ...but i'd say that good 355's are overlapping rough 360 money. But rough 355's are starting to seriously impacting 348 money...
    Not convinced - 348s are struggling to make very late 20s. Even good ones. 30-32k would be pushing your luck (non-Spider) or be very lucky...

    Find a RHD, decent (not being a shed will do) 355 that has sold for this. I'd say 35k is still the start point for a useable one, and you'll have to be patient/accept a choice colour combo.

    Quote Originally Posted by luckycolourblue View Post
    ...I'd say 355's aren't selling for what they are being advertised for.
    I'd say this is likely to be true of most models at the moment...though I do think paying more than 50k for a 355 is a bit silly at the moment (mid-late 40s should bag the best B's).

    Problem is, as teh cars get older you get an awful lot competing for the same money. I suspect prices will become much more mixed up between models over the next couple of years, and much will depend on what the buyers actually want. Watch this space on that one.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Souffampton innit
    Name
    Geoff
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    Thanks for the advice, I'll have to keep scouring the ads for a 355 I think!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Essex
    Name
    Ken
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    As Ken will no doubt second, you have to be comparing like for like cars. ie. a ropey 360 is likely to cost less than a mint 355.
    I do second that.

    I'm no expert but even based on mileage alone 360 were commanding 30k-40k more than the 355 ( this was 6 months ago.) All the cars I saw at Lancasters looked pristeen to me.

    With regard to milage though if you have a good service history, dealer stamps , old MOTs and maitenance bills you should have some confidence in milage especially if they go from recent to 5-6 years back.

    I dont want to inflame all my 360 mates but on the day I could have had either, I chose a 355 and have no regrets. Personal choice is just that.

    Ken

  10. #10
    Murph7355's Avatar
    Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Here there and everywhere
    Name
    Murph
    Posts
    14,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaptec View Post
    ...With regard to milage though if you have a good service history, dealer stamps , old MOTs and maitenance bills you should have some confidence in milage especially if they go from recent to 5-6 years back....
    Pourquoi?

    Between services the speedo breaks. How would the servicing department know?

    They fill out what they see on the dials, your "mileage" stacks up and the history looks clean...

    Quote Originally Posted by kaptec View Post
    ...I dont want to inflame all my 360 mates but on the day I could have had either, I chose a 355 and have no regrets. Personal choice is just that....
    Ditto.

    And I still would.

    The CS is a great car though, but I have a Caterham 7 which, for me, does that job better. If they'd done the CS with a decent interior, who knows.

    I'm not convinced similar quality 355s/360s are 30k-40k apart. The problem in proving this is finding decent quality 355s for sale. 360s on the other hand...

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Club Scuderia Owners Club!
    By Gimme Fuel in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 18-07-2012, 12:09 AM
  2. Main Dealer v Private Prices.... 360 Modena
    By Ade in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 17-08-2006, 02:27 AM
  3. 360 Prices?
    By silver in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2006, 11:07 PM
  4. Used F355 prices from 2004
    By Angelis in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 11:34 PM
  5. Thank you
    By Angelis in forum Meets, Cars & Coffee
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 06:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •