Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1976 Tyyrell P34

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

t1grm is offline It's basically an old car with a stripe - The Ferrari Challenge Stradale Club Member
    ii

Thumbs up

Great vid! Look at the suspension travel of those front wheels Must be more than my 360!

I love 70ís F1 cars with their tea-pot air intakes. Not enough archive footage of them around. Everyone seems to concentrate on the 50ís and 60ís cars. Maybe as time moves on the 70ís cars will become more classic.

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Agree Gary... 70's F1 cars are fantastic. JPS Lotus... STP March... Saudia Williams, Parmalat Alfas....Durex sponsored cars... Big wheels, big bhp, big sideburns, James Hunt, Giles Villeneurve (spelling?) a fun time.

Great clip.

Name
    Gemm

Great video! Thanks!

Incidentally, have you seen the onboard lap at Monaco driven by Depailler on P34? That's a great video too. I'll see if I can find it.

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Gemm View Post
    Great video! Thanks!

Incidentally, have you seen the onboard lap at Monaco driven by Depailler on P34? That's a great video too. I'll see if I can find it.
    No Gemm, but we want to. Look forward to seeing that.

stevew is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Expert
    Name
    Steve

Great clip Tony saw them race a few years ago at Silverstone in the historic F1 race after the GP and they battered the rest of the grid.

Name
    jos

If that was the year Bernie (allegedly) refused to let them share his TV equipment (wonder why...) I was there too - fantastic !

Name
    Philip

I was only talking about the six wheeler yesterday with a friend, we both had a scalectix one!

Name
    Gemm

Quote Originally Posted by rmdferrari View Post
    No Gemm, but we want to. Look forward to seeing that.
    Here it is. It's interesting to be able to see the driver's feet on the pedals.

And here are more interesting videos.
    Last edited by Gemm; 20-10-2006 at 09:23 PM.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

ahh - but the much better 6 wheeler was the Williams FW08B of 82 with four driven wheels at the back. Unfortunately the FIA banned four wheel drive. At one point Jonathan Palmer held the Goodwood FOS hill record in it. I remember seeing him do it. Awseome

There have been various other versions of 6 wheelers including the Ferrari 312T6 (a modified T2) with twin rear wheels on the same axle.

you can find out about all these and others at http://www.f1nutter.co.uk/tech/6wheels.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast