Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 308 GT4 for 26,500

Name
    Benjamin de-Campos

Question 308 GT4 for 26,500

Thought I'd break my silence with this - check out this 308 GT4:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ferrari-308-GT...QQcmdZViewItem

That is an insane amount of money for a GT4. This is the guy from www.ferrarispares.co.uk

I have always been utterly incredulous at the prices on that site. Is it a site for the rich but dumb ferrari owner? anyone here bought anything? (I guess I've insuted you in advance). I don't understand...

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Think I've seen this car at Barons Auctions about a year or so ago whilst on the lookout for one. The XJ1 number rings a bell. Went for around 9k mark I think. Must had a shed load of money spent on it to justify the price?

Name
    Benjamin de-Campos

Default Old Rope

I don't think much money was spent on it, it's what the guy does for a living. I was just looking on his site. check this out:

308 GTS QV Superb Engine and Gearbox (40,000 miles)
    17500.00ex

Christ alive. I bought my superb engine and gearbox with a lot less miles for less than that and it came with a whole car wrapped around it. Surely only complete idiots would buy from this guy ... and they do as he's selling the car to make room for his forthcoming Enzo.

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Agree with all your last post..... the guy is a chancer IMO. He asks 1,900 for a set of early GT4 wheels ie Cromodora not the later 5 spoke which most (inc me), change to.

Looking at the advert: OK the parcel shelf instead of seats is rare (6 UK I think), but takes away one of the major GT4 plus points ie, being a 2+2! I've had a fat mate travel in the back for 20 miles or so, they're not that small...!

Most people pay 17-20k, utter bollox. Mine with a major service, 3 previous owners, 44k miles, history and wheel upgrade was under 14k. As for his being a "BARGAIN" was a tool...

I don't begrudge anyone an honest living, but I'm smelling a rat here and will avoid this organisation like the plauge.

Name
    Dan

Looking at the pics, it would cost far more than £26k to get mine into that sort of condition...so it seems like a bargain to me.

Wouldn't want to buy it though, drive it home on a day like today and you'd wipe £6k off the value!

Name
    Andy

In Classic and Sports Car this month there is a small article titled "Dinos drop below 10 grand" showing 2 gt4's currently up for sale for £9,995. One had done 75K miles.

Also, that one for 26K does not even have original wheels - no good for concours.
    Last edited by andy456M; 04-12-2005 at 06:06 PM.

Name
    Sleipnir

ooooer - best I get down the scrappers quick - I might get a tenner for the fuel in the tank.

Name
    Richard

Is it Super Unleaded...? show us a pic of the thing, were all experts here...!

Name
    Sleipnir

Super, yes. I do wonder whether it's worth it as the compression ratio is only 8.8:1.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir
    Super, yes. I do wonder whether it's worth it as the compression ratio is only 8.8:1.
    Sounds spot on to me...... looks very nice. Here's mine, not worth 26.5k either..!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast