Thread: 348 SOFT TOP

Name
    jay knowles

Default 348 SOFT TOP

Ive had my car nearly a week now and as yet havnt put the roof up.When i bought it i checked the roof which is in fine condition.My question is whats the best way to store the roof up or down,i.e does it damage it just leaving it down,thanks JAY

Name
    Mike S

Quote Originally Posted by jay knowles View Post
    Ive had my car nearly a week now and as yet havnt put the roof up.When i bought it i checked the roof which is in fine condition.My question is whats the best way to store the roof up or down,i.e does it damage it just leaving it down,thanks JAY
    Jay, I've got a 355 Spider and the book says store it with the roof up. I think you start to get wear lines around the folds and its better in a stretched out position.
    Mike

Name
    jay knowles

Quote Originally Posted by SESH View Post
    Jay, I've got a 355 Spider and the book says store it with the roof up. I think you start to get wear lines around the folds and its better in a stretched out position.
    Mike
    I best put it up then,thanks for the info, JAY

Name
    Justin Kenyon

The longest I have had my down for is one week and it was with out the cover on. The cover can cause my damage because its a tight fit.

Just put it up after putting it a away, mate

Name
    jay knowles

Just a quick question, on the bit that comes from the top of the roof rearwards towards the rear wings there is a lump both sides on the metal frame facing inwards about six inches from the rear wings which quite noticeably distorts the canvas,is this normal.Thanks JAY

sletti is offline It's basically an old car with a stripe - The Ferrari Challenge Stradale Club Member
    Name
    Stig

Hi Jay,

You should always store the hood in the up position or you run a risk of getting mold and mildew on the fabric.
    S t i g (as in "a Stig"; not "the Stig")
    Please sponsor me on the Palace to palace bike ride in order to raise money for the Princes Trust.

Name
    jay knowles

Just repaired the lumps on the hood frame i mentioned earlier in the thread,removed the canvas to find the bolts which hold the frame down were loose causing the frame to catch on the main body of the car.Realighned hood frame and bolted in place, panel beated the hood frame back into shape refitted canvas and its back to as good as new,even cleaned the hood when work was completed.Jay