Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20k(ish) on a 348 = Dumb Idea ?

Name
    Rob

Default 20k(ish) on a 348 = Dumb Idea ?

Just wanted to know how bad it would be to get a 348 (LHD or RHD doesn't matter) but is the thing likely to be a fast looking money pit ?

Name
    cgt

Not at all, but the car you buy will probably need some cosmetic work. Generally if a car has a full service history and has been maintained properly, they are pretty safe in terms of reliability.

Name
    Zak

At 20K ish, you would have to expect to pay something to get the car up to scratch, less if it's a LHD.

Also depends on what you can live with in terms of Body work, Interior & engine.

Name
    Rob

Well, not having had a look at any yet, just trawling through PH looking at potential toys, and boy can I spend hours just dreaming and what not.

This week Im off to try out my good friends 935Bhp Supra, heh.

I guess Im just not 100% sure on what I want because I haven't driven any of the potentials...Im sure by the end of the week I'll have a mini list.

Dale is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Expert
    Name
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by RobPhobos View Post
    Just wanted to know how bad it would be to get a 348 (LHD or RHD doesn't matter) but is the thing likely to be a fast looking money pit ?
    leave the money in the bank or invest in plenty of this
    http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/...Hand%20Cleaner

Name
    jos

Take a quick look here as Gavin / Racing Snake went to see one of the cheap PH cars on Saturday.....

Name
    Gavin

it wasn't that cheap ;) , it was up for 25k, but I guess it would have looked like more of a 20k to me.
    They seem to stop around the 21k, there are 3 I think of at the moment which are about that, 1 being a blue tb (there is a thread about it on here somewhere). and a red ts on ebay which on the face of it looks very nice, but needs a cambelt, hence the price.

Name
    Ade

You guys missed out on Ville's LHD 348. Looked in great condition and he sold it for 19K ish.

Name
    Rob

So really, its a case of taking an owner of a 348 with me to see what they think if I find one in a couple of months ?

Name
    Gavin

I'm currently looking around, and I think if you can at least hook up with an owner, see an example of a 'good one' you can then manage your expectations around that.

the one I viewed was IMO, a little tatty and left me thinking "sh*t, I hope they're not all like this". I had a look last night at Siban's car(cheers mate ) , what a lovely example!!, really restored my faith, but he also gave me some good pointers on what too look for, over an above the shed I've viewed already.

Build up your own opinion, view a few cars and get a feel for them. This is the advice I've generally been given here, and am working my way through this process!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast