Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Analysing 360 vs 430 Fiorano track times..

Name
    Lord Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyon View Post
    Trev, have you ever conidered buying a CS? and with all the hard work you have done on your 360 in terms of weight savings and handling etc has the costs be that high that a CS should have been the was the way to go in the beginning. Just a question.

I no the CS was never available in manual and I was a big believer a manual is a better car for handling and feel, but the CS with RACE MODE engaged; the F1 paddle system is just amazing, the gear changes are quicker, precise, and overall better better control of the car too.

I have driven a standard 360 many times and the CS is a complete a different car in every since. I know it only has 25BHP more, but the CS is just awesome in terms of handling, performance, pose etc over a standard 360. A complete different car.

One thing I have noticed is that with the CS the harder you drive it the better it is; everything about it comes together so well. I am not a expert in driving but after testing driving a standard F430 when I was undecided about what to buy the CS ticked all the boxes. The F430 lacks soul, when you get in it has all the leather and luxury of a German car, but does not excite like the CS does.

Never driven a Scud so cannot compare as it was out of my price range.

Yet another boring CS "love" post which I normally, and try, to ignore.

But saying the 430 lacks soul is a bit strange

Name
    Justin Kenyon

Quote Originally Posted by Adz man View Post

Sorry but not as much soul as the CS.Their is some thing so special about the CS, and the car really does represent Ferrari at their best, the last car made like the CS was the F40 in my view. Just spectacular in ever sense. A complete grin all the time whe out in it.

Name
    Somewhere Else

Quote Originally Posted by Adz man View Post

Hi Adz Man , I know what he means - I went from a CS to 430 and back to a CS. The 430 was a great competant car but it did lack any soul

Name
    Dunsfold Dave

I really dont get the obsession with track times. Its all a bit silly for a non-competitive road car. It's really whatever floats your own boat in terms of enjoyment.

For instance there's absolutely no doubt that a F40 and 360 modena is a more sporty drive than my 612 grand tourer, however a 612 is less than a second slower than an F40 and is a bit quicker than an 360 around Fiorano. I bet the F40 and 360 feel quicker when your driving them.

DD

Name
    360trev

Where did this thread get dug up from?

It started in 2007!

Name
    cgt

430's are very easy to drive.

I prefer a car that requires commitment and careful input which delivers a proper reward in terms of experience.

Name
    Matthew Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    430's are very easy to drive.

I prefer a car that requires commitment and careful input which delivers a proper reward in terms of experience.
    Not sure I agree with very easy to drive, i would say they are a much better and planted car so to the majoruty of most drivers the cars ability is far great than the person behind the wheel, however, take of all the electronic aids and then see what you end up with.

I drive mine in race mode all the time and on track days I have switched it all of and its a great car to drive and will bite if you get it wrong

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by f430f1matt View Post
    Not sure I agree with very easy to drive, i would say they are a much better and planted car so to the majoruty of most drivers the cars ability is far great than the person behind the wheel, however, take of all the electronic aids and then see what you end up with.

I drive mine in race mode all the time and on track days I have switched it all of and its a great car to drive and will bite if you get it wrong
    In those circumstances I agree, but I think you are in the 1% of owners who would.

Name
    Justin Kenyon

The F430 is designed for use by the everyday user were the CS is not, like the lambo too.
    CS just gives you that buzz, its the rawness.

Name
    Lord Adam

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    In those circumstances I agree, but I think you are in the 1% of owners who would.
    Yes but the options are there. If you want it to be crazy it can be. If you want it to help you safely around then it can be too.

The 430 has been voted by many journos as the worlds best car.

Personally I had no interest in buying a CS as I wanted a Spider. Nothing can take me away from a drop top.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast