Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want a 360 but a little worried!!

Name
    RICHARD SEARLE

Default Want a 360 but a little worried!!

Hi All.

Been a 360 nut for a long while now and with prices coming down nicely I could be in one soon but Im a bit worried!!

I would be coming from a CSL( Flappy paddles) with a good few mods,Total wrap in Motorsport colours , Full Supersprint Liteweight, Full APs ,H&R Coilovers. This is ( not that you boys really want to hear this on a Ferrari forum) one hell of a fast raw very noisey motor which makes a normal M3 run like a Fiesta!!

Ive just test drove the new M3 after being on the dealers list for over 2 yrs but within 2 minutes of getting back to the dealers i told them to keep the deposit and stick it on the very possible new CSL 460 bhp etc. The test drive in the new M3 was boring yes its fast but to lardy and more of a GT motor now.

My problem is i really want to keep all the raw stuff ,the noise etc, love it,and the urge for a 360 is very strong now but having driven a few 360s now,including round Silverstone I find they too are very quiet and no where near as raw as id want or indeed use to. Also performance wise they didnt all take my breath away.

I would go for an F1 model all the time but i also found this gear change was a bit wish washy and again to quiet!

So can someone tell me if all the F1 gearchanges are like this?? or can you really snap them into action on the 360, i missed the severe blip on downchanges on the 360, the CSL is an awesome noise on downchange ,frightening the life out of pedestrians etc.

Would I get bored of the 360 or does it make you grin like a loon on every trip which im use too.?

Looks I think the 360 is great but will probably totally wrap it in Ferrarri Motorsports colors using white as a base colour, so can therefore buy a less wanted colour,in talks with a UK wrap firm right now who have done several total Ferrari /Lambo wraps, once youve owned and driven a wrapped car everything seems dull.

Bit off a dilema really not really in the position to keep the CSL as well as a 360.

Dont want to lob out £60k to £80k and be disappointed!

Is the Challenge Stradale much rawer than the 360?? Bigger money I know.

Hmmmm??

ps; Sorry boys to go on about a bloody ole 3 series beemer on a Ferrari Forum but they are one helluva car those CSLs Sorry again. Ill get me coat.

Look forward to any replies plus any related pics or web sites of decalled /stickered up Fezzas in Motorsport clothes.

Rich.

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

love the csl you need a CS

GrahamS is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Admin dude
    Name
    GrandmasterG

From what you've said I don't think you'd be happy with a standard 360.

Plenty of people have gone from a 355 to a 360 and felt that something was missing from the experience

CS would fit the bill perfectly but it's a lot of extra wonga

Name
    Tony H

i've yet to see a wrapped ferrari in the metal. is the process expensive and fully reversable ?

Name
    Neil

Hi Rich,welcome to the madhouse.contrary to some opinions the 360 is a lot of car for your money.Plenty of good examples sub 60k.Manuel or F1 is up to you,I went for the former.Too quiet?Plenty of aftermarket exhausts,Novitec with Hyperflow cats on mine
    You will find plenty of people here willing to take you out,show you various cars etc,with luck some will be quite local,if not take a drive down to mine

Name
    Ade

As the other guys have said, the only think for you is a Challenge Stradale. Forget the 360 modena, seriously, for the same money you would be better off with the new CSL for your tastes.

Name
    RICHARD SEARLE

Quote Originally Posted by tonyh View Post
    i've yet to see a wrapped ferrari in the metal. is the process expensive and fully reversable ?
    Hi Tony.

Id say you can always tell a wrap from say 1mt away anything further and it looks like a paint job but having said that ive even been in the local car sprayers with mine and one sprayer was amazed it was a wrap.

Wraps are brilliant but they must be put on a bone dry clean no damaged ie rusty car, they will come off leaving very little residue because its not actually a sticker its more like a thick cling film with no stick ,they then heat it on and somehow it lays miracously flat, ( i cant even wrap me sandwiches in it without messing it up ).Hairdryers will get a total wrap off in a good few hours and of course it protects the paint underneath so if your car was immaculate when it was put on it will as good when took off say a few years later.

I really fancy the idea of a white base on a 360 with a cleverly designed red and blue stripes / flashes etc maybe the odd arty union jack( love the wing mirrors and stripes on Izzas car on another post)

So with wraps you can have a different car when you want!

Cost wise i should think a total good wrap( be carefull there are bad cheap wraps) on a 360 would be approx £2k+ and worth every penny if its your thing.

I wil try and find a website i think its a yank one where they so you a video of them wrapping a 360,do they make it look easy!

Rich.

Name
    Craig

Had a 360 for 3 weeks, brake fade major issue.. so upgraded the brakes as it is always good to know you can stop if you want too.

Just so happens the pads upgrade cost alittle more than expected as i upgraded to a Strad. Never looked back since and will not be selling for love nor money anytime soon...

Name
    Tony H

Quote Originally Posted by RICH S. View Post
    Hi Tony.

Id say you can always tell a wrap from say 1mt away anything further and it looks like a paint job but having said that ive even been in the local car sprayers with mine and one sprayer was amazed it was a wrap.

Wraps are brilliant but they must be put on a bone dry clean no damaged ie rusty car, they will come off leaving very little residue because its not actually a sticker its more like a thick cling film with no stick ,they then heat it on and somehow it lays miracously flat, ( i cant even wrap me sandwiches in it without messing it up ).Hairdryers will get a total wrap off in a good few hours and of course it protects the paint underneath so if your car was immaculate when it was put on it will as good when took off say a few years later.

I really fancy the idea of a white base on a 360 with a cleverly designed red and blue stripes / flashes etc maybe the odd arty union jack( love the wing mirrors and stripes on Izzas car on another post)

So with wraps you can have a different car when you want!

Cost wise i should think a total good wrap( be carefull there are bad cheap wraps) on a 360 would be approx £2k+ and worth every penny if its your thing.

I wil try and find a website i think its a yank one where they so you a video of them wrapping a 360,do they make it look easy!

Rich.

cheers rich

Name
    RICHARD SEARLE

Quote Originally Posted by tonyh View Post
    Try this they (yanks)wrap a red 430 ,different not everyones taste but your get the idea of whats its all about and they make it look easy.

2 minute vid.

Go to; Youtube,

type in; Skinz Ferrari HD Wrap

Easy innit!

Sorry about doing a link but im Computor Blonde

Rich.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast