Thread: Insurance

SteveP Guest

Default Insurance

Do i need to let my insurance know if i change wheels, seats, brakes, gearbox, exhaust, lights, steering wheel and ball joints from the original specification of my car???

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

I would say so Steve.......
    40°52'31.17"N............. 29°20'25.48"E

Name
    Mark

Insurance companies will always try to worm out of any claim they can so it's probably better to tell them of any modifications made.

Name
    J Heitmann

Legally you must inform them of anything that changes the car from factory spec.

Most things wouldnt matter even if you didnt inform them and they tried to get out of it but for the likes of wheels, interior or anything that alters the look of the car they could argue and would win in a court the argument that you made the car more attractive too a thief should you try to claim for theft.

For cases of claiming after an accident the only way they could really wangle there way out of a payout is if they could prove the changed parts made the car less safe and was a part of the accident.

I have an insurance underwriter in the family, you wouldnt believe what happens in the real world.

steve f is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Banned user
    Name
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Do i need to let my insurance know if i change wheels, seats, brakes, gearbox, exhaust, lights, steering wheel and ball joints from the original specification of my car???

why not just buy the car you want steve instead of buying an inferior car and trying to make it what you really wanted

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by steve f View Post
    why not just buy the car you want steve instead of buying an inferior car and trying to make it what you really wanted
    These are wise words indeed....

SteveP Guest

Quote Originally Posted by steve f View Post
    yeah may well do, was thinking about buying a car then upgrading a few parts, may just save up now. Ta for advice

steve f is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Banned user
    Name
    steve

yeah may well do, was thinking about buying a car then upgrading a few parts, may just save up now. Ta for advice
    well it is a waste of money buying what you dont really want as you might kid others but you can never kid yourself just save up mate dont do a sy

t1grm is offline It's basically an old car with a stripe - The Ferrari Challenge Stradale Club Member
    ii

Have you bought Sy's 348?

SteveP Guest

Quote Originally Posted by t1grm View Post
    Have you bought Sy's 348?
    no that would be a restoration project