Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 348 Flywheel nut

Name
    Dave Parker

Default 348 Flywheel nut

Hi Chaps,

Just doing the flywheel grease on my 348. The job has gone great up to yet, but I'm stuck!

Have the proper ring nut tool from Hills for the flywheel locknut, have the air gun on full power but the nut won't shift at all.

Could anyone please confirm that the nut unscrews anti-clockwise (I'm sure it does), and has anyone ever struggled like this before and found an answer.

Just being carefull as I don't want to break anything.

Thanks again,

Dave

348paul is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Sponsor
    Name
    Paul

Dave,

Your quite right - its a right hand thread so anti clockwise to undo.

I have known on the past that people have had to use a 3/4 air gun as the 1/2 is just on the limit of being able to do it.

Couple of things to point out - slacken off the grub screw in the middle of the nut - and a few more drops of oil down the inlet of the air gun may be just enough to get that bugger off !

(Good job the tool is up to it!)

Cheers

Paul

Name
    Dave Parker

IT'S OFF !

Thanks for that Paul, I reckon the bloke who fastened that in had shares in Loctite.........never seen so much on one nut.

Cheers

Dave

Name
    Dunx

Did mine today too, just need some clutch fluid in the morning to finish off the job.

Mine had loads of loctight on it too so it sounds normal. Mine was off the car to do the clutch seals when I decided to do the flywheel as well. I took mine down the local garage and they used a buzz gun to undo the nut and held the flywheel with just a rag!!

If you need any help just post

Name
    Dave Parker

Hi Duncan,

Dave from Scuderia sales said you were doing yours as well.

Hope it all went ok this morning. I'm just waiting for the grease and seals from Dave and hope to get mine back together this week.

My car has always had a 'Hot Start' problem and I'm hoping this will cure it. The grease didn't look too bad on mine, but who knows..........

Cheers

Dave

Name
    Dunx

My grease was very black and was mainly on the outer edge of the flywheel and none in the centre. Only takes 20mins to put it pack together and then another hours or so putting the car back together.

My only problem now is bleeding the clutch Took Me an Candellera 2hrs yesterday and I still don't have a clutch so I've ordered a new bleeding tool like the one I borrowed last time. That took 5mins to do

Terry is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Expert
    Name
    Terry

Duncan, I had the same problem with the 355, just could not get it bled the traditional way.

Used one of those EZ Bleed kits and like you say, job done in five minutes.

Name
    Dunx

I tried a easy bleed kit that uses tyre pressure but it didn't work Did you get one of these to work?

I've ordered a vacuum type http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEALEY-Brake-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Last time a friend did mine using one of theses but I've moved from the midlands and it's a bit too far for him to help.

stevew is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Expert
    Name
    Steve

What method is everyone using to bleed the clutch, I've never had a problem with bleeding them, always bled in a matter of minutes using 2 people, a piece of clear pipe and an old milk bottle

Terry is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Expert
    Name
    Terry

Yes mine was the cheap type you get in Halfords etc and uses tyre pressure (reduced to around 15-20psi IIRC), worked well.
    Looks like you have got a deluxe version Dunx. I did consider getting something similar but had an easy bleed in the cupboard which I tried first and it did the job nicely.

I read your technique for bleeding Steve which I tried without success. The great thing about easy bleed is it's a one man operation and good for flushing the system. Used it to also flush the brakes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast