Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 360 Front Challenge grill

Name
    Paul

Default 360 Front Challenge grill

What's the difference between a standard 360 front end and one with a challenge grill?

Looks and functionality?

Name
    Clive

Quote Originally Posted by angelboy
    What's the difference between a standard 360 front end and one with a challenge grill?

Looks and functionality?
    The challenge grilles are a smaller mesh

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by angelboy

Looks and functionality?
    Looks wise the challenge grill wins for me. Wire mesh looks better than plastic. I think the wire mess matches the covers to teh air intakes in the rear wings but I could be wrong. I didn't specify it on mine as I thought it would hardly be noticed but wish I had. I can't believe there is any difference in functionality.

Hud is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Rob

Am sure the spoiler itself is different too. The cs appears to have a more exagerated bottom lip.

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Hud90n
    Am sure the spoiler itself is different too. The cs appears to have a more exagerated bottom lip.
    That's because the whole bumper unit is specific to the CS. I understand that a fcg can be retro fitted to a Modena.

Name
    Paul

Cheers guys

Hud is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by KenC
    That's because the whole bumper unit is specific to the CS. I understand that a fcg can be retro fitted to a Modena.
    I couldnt get over how much lighter the rear challenge grill was than the standard one i replaced last night.Felt like a good few kgs.

Name
    Dave

I couldnt get over how much lighter the rear challenge grill was than the standard one i replaced last night.Felt like a good few kgs.
    must be more like 4 or 5Kgs, i did the same as you on my 360 and the std rear panel sat in the loft for a year, then after the car sold it went on ebay, people will buy anything to stick on the wall

Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Aztec
    must be more like 4 or 5Kgs, i did the same as you on my 360 and the std rear panel sat in the loft for a year, then after the car sold it went on ebay, people will buy anything to stick on the wall
    mmm. Thought about ebaying it and my old standard exhaust - what do you reckon theyll fetch?

Name
    Clive

mmm. Thought about ebaying it and my old standard exhaust - what do you reckon theyll fetch?
    Personally I'd keep both items unless you are never going to sell the car! The challenge grille isn't to everyone's taste and the standard exhaust is worth bugger all, ask Manu how many he's got laying around. There was a batch of them on E-bay recently at less than 100 each, so, again I'd suggest keeping it in case the next owner prefers something more subtle than the screaming banshee currently fitted!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast