Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FERRARI 355 SPYDER OR 360 SPYDER HELP

Name
    paul

Question FERRARI 355 SPYDER OR 360 SPYDER HELP

Hi everyone great site.
    I will soon be in a position to buy my very 1st ferrari,i currently have a porsche 3.2s boxster before you all start calling me a hairdresser etc i actually really like this car its been superb love having the roof of in summer,now to my question im really torn between the 360m or a 355 spyder prices seem to be very close at mo. After having the porsche and the superb build quality i really dont want a rattly car i know this sounds petty i just dont like rattles,im concerned about the performance of a 355 as well,now im going to make myself sound silly is the 355s midrange as good as my boxster dont want to be changing gear all the time. What are the typical faults to look for,whats the typical running costs for 3k a year,sorry to sound such a plank would just like some advice from owners as opposed to salesman ps my bro has a 360m this is a fantastic car but not convertible so i suppose what im really asking is will a 355 spyder do the job or am i better of to keep saving and saving to then purchase a 360 spyder thanks for reading this and once again sorry if this post sounds stupid i just dont have a lot of knowledge on the models but i do love the cars kind regards paul

Name
    jos

355 happy to pootle in 3 or 4th all day

355 roof less reliable than 360

Typical faults and running costs have been answered loads of times so just try searching

Good luck in your search - any more specific questions just ask

Name
    TW

I would say it will depend on what you want from the car, Both are great but in different ways, personally I love driving both but if I was going for a spirited drive in North Wales I would take the 355, If I was going touring or had miles to do in unknown traffic i'd take the 360. I does not end there though, Servicing costs are different 355 cam belts are engine out, 360 engine in, Clutch on 355 is easy, clutch on 360 major task. I would drive both and make your own mind up as everyone is different and expects different things from a car. Happy hunting!

Name
    spice

i have had both and would take the 360 spider over a 355 spider , roof works and car looks better with the roll hoops, or look at the 355 GTS , best looking Ferrari of the 90,s , most of all enjoy

Name
    spice

funny as it may be i am now in a Boxster RS60 and very impressed with it, my next F car will be the 430

Name
    paul

Thank you for replying

Name
    Juke Reading

What a choice to have mate. Drive both and buy the one you like. There is nothing like buying your first Ferrari. It ranks right up there after my kids being born and England beating Germany 5-1. If anyone meets my wife please mention my wedding day as well

Name
    Mike S

I've got a 355 Spider. Owned it nearly 4 years. The roof has never been a problem. It will cope well with spirited driving as well as poodling around town. The 355 exhaust note is fantastic and owning a spider will only enhance that. If you are driving for pleasure on sunny days go for the spider. If using on all occasions and motorway driving then the 360 modena will be your best bet. But people generally prefer the looks and style of the 355 above the 360. Interesting to note that a late 355 is worth more than an early 360. Now just wait for 360 owners to put there few penneth!

Name
    paul

Thanks sesh

Name
    Keith

My 355 spider roof mechanism rattles a bit, as the others have said, try both out before you make a decision. lots of info on here just search.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast