Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THE BRAND

Name
    Candellara

Default THE BRAND

We all have our reasons for Ferrari ownership, and without doubt as we progress through the realms of "the dream" - do you ever feel / have you ever felt "disillusioned" with the experience?

When and why?

Name
    lardy

IMHO theres nothing worse than having your heart set on an F car and then finding some tosspot on your right hears a small tinkling sound... I rest my Schedoni case
    I have always found main dealers straight, honest, communicative and make lovely coffee

Hud is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Rob

The brand Ferrari conjures images of sophistication, success, good taste and an ability to afford and enjoy the finer things in life.

Reality is - you're kidding yourself if you believe this ....

Name
    G

I am rather underwelmed by mine.... its a great go=karty style car which oozes beauty and gets some great attention, it's just that i prefare the drive of my z3m roadster and i can't figure out why
    maybe i chose the wrong model for me and should've gone for a 355 spyder????

Iain is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by candellara View Post
    We all have our reasons for Ferrari ownership, and without doubt as we progress through the realms of "the dream" - do you ever feel / have you ever felt "disillusioned" with the experience?

When and why?
    That Austrian GP debacle and most times I go & buy parts for the darn thing & get fleeced - AGAIN!

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Disillusioned quite early on really, I attended my first FOC Concours newly proud of my achievement in buying my first Ferrari only to find that we were demoted to parking in a field while the superior V12's adorned the manicured lawns

Name
    Candellara

Quick plug for Maranello's - my service experience lived up to my brand expectations

Name
    Phil Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    .... while the superior V12's adorned the manicured lawns
    And quite rightly so

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

The contempt with which the main dealers (and the odd indie, though in a different way) treat owners.

The ultimate quality of the product (have a read about paintwork on Scuds to confirm it's still an issue).

Have to say my limited contact with the FOC didn't fill me with that joyous glow either (none of the FOC guys on here I hasten to add).

In fact, in many ways, I'm surprised I still love the cars.

You can put that down to the drive, the experience, the beauty of the things (most of them), the noise, the smell.

Then there are a few indies who really know their stuff and don't take the piss.

And, of course, there's CS. Good guys, good meets. By and large, normal people with a shared passion for the marque and sportscars in general.

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

The build quality on mine was shocking.Everything I do on my car improves its longetivity.Compared to a Merc or Toyota of similar build year,1984, it is simply dreadful.

But do i like the old girl? Hell yes.

Does she make me smile when I drive her? Hell yes.

Did I ever thnik I would own one and be able to afford one? Hell no.

Smile factor,still huge,if only looking at her in the garage and tinkering.
    4052'31.17"N............. 2920'25.48"E

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast