Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: wheel alignment and wheel refurbishment!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    greenhithe
    Name
    danny
    Posts
    54

    Exclamation wheel alignment and wheel refurbishment!

    i have a 355 in Rome......my car need four wheel alignment and wheels need refurbing.....anyone have any sugestions so i dont get either ripped off or have a poor job......

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    england
    Name
    jos
    Posts
    19,151

    Default

    Alignment & refurb in the UK would be easy but Rome.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    greenhithe
    Name
    danny
    Posts
    54

    Default

    i know that........

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Shropshire
    Name
    TW
    Posts
    3,188

    Default

    For full chemical strip, powder coat and bake UK prices vary around 100 per wheel, as a target for you. Most Tyre depot can do a pretty good geometry check, - try to pick a smart professional looking one which should be around 50 at a basic level. - as I posted before you need to check your steering rack first.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Name
    Rooony
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Blimey 100 a wheel Tim? Do Harrods do a collection and delivery service?



    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerSport View Post
    For full chemical strip, powder coat and bake UK prices vary around 100 per wheel, as a target for you. Most Tyre depot can do a pretty good geometry check, - try to pick a smart professional looking one which should be around 50 at a basic level. - as I posted before you need to check your steering rack first.

  6. #6
    Iain is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    .
    Name
    Iain
    Posts
    7,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiorano View Post
    i have a 355 in Rome......my car need four wheel alignment and wheels need refurbing.....anyone have any sugestions so i dont get either ripped off or have a poor job......
    355 Wheels are Magnesium are they not? If so you need someone who can deal with those - they need to be careful with them.

    As to the alignment, if you can find a place that has Hunter laser alignment equipment you won't go too far wrong.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Shropshire
    Name
    TW
    Posts
    3,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roony View Post
    Blimey 100 a wheel Tim? Do Harrods do a collection and delivery service?
    Magnesium wheels are a lot more sensitive and require a skilled refurbisher, where not talking 'alloys' here Rod!
    Attached Images Attached Images       

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Shropshire
    Name
    TW
    Posts
    3,188

    Default

    Because they are hydroscopic (take on water) once you have a scrape you must get them repaired, otherwise you will get all your paint peeling off like this!

    The last picture is of an attempted quick repair a customer had done, as you can see the paint just peels straight off!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Name
    Rooony
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Wow.. see your point

    Better keep an eye on mine now


    MMMM Blimey that picture is
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerSport View Post
    Because they are hydroscopic (take on water) once you have a scrape you must get them repaired, otherwise you will get all your paint peeling off like this!

    The last picture is of an attempted quick repair a customer had done, as you can see the paint just peels straight off!

  10. #10
    Iain is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    .
    Name
    Iain
    Posts
    7,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roony View Post
    Wow.. see your point

    Better keep an eye on mine now


    MMMM Blimey that picture is
    328 wheels aren't Mag AFAIK so the issue doesn't apply (thankfully!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ferrari 360 Alignment spec (official gemetry settings)
    By 360trev in forum Technical Q & A
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 06:34 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 08:34 AM
  3. 355 Wheel Alignment Data
    By skydiver in forum Technical Q & A
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-07-2007, 10:25 AM
  4. 360 Wheel alignment data
    By GrahamS in forum Technical Library
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-11-2005, 10:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •