Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: testarossa cold start idles rough

Name
    Ross lillywhite

Default testarossa cold start idles rough

when cold, car will start for and run 1 sec, 2nd crank run for 3 secs , 3rd crank run at 600 revs as rough as anything and no throttle response, give it 10 mins and warms up and is perfect .cold start injectors / circuit presume fine, last owner said it was fine till laid up for a year..any ideas, will clean all elec connections tomorrow.

Iain is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    when cold, car will start for and run 1 sec, 2nd crank run for 3 secs , 3rd crank run at 600 revs as rough as anything and no throttle response, give it 10 mins and warms up and is perfect .cold start injectors / circuit presume fine, last owner said it was fine till laid up for a year..any ideas, will clean all elec connections tomorrow.
    Start looking for air leaks around the CIS system & also splits in vacuum lines. The CIS warm up doesn't work properly unless its sealed.

Name
    Ross lillywhite

cheers got this week off to do the brakes, and a list of probs will check air leaks, vacuum pipes and all connections too

Iain is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Iain

cheers got this week off to do the brakes, and a list of probs will check air leaks, vacuum pipes and all connections too
    Alot of those hoses will probably be cloth braided (if its anything like the 308/328) & so its quite difficult to check them for splits & leaks etc. Think Automotive in Isleworth would be your best bet for replacing those.

Also, trace/check the vacuum lines back to the engine management box(es) - found a big hole in the one on my 328 a while back that was well & truely screwing everything up (and that meant I was getting no vacuum advance on the timing either).

Name
    clive p

Ross just a tip I read re testas, when jacking to remove front wheels advice is to jack both sides as screen so big it can crack if jacked on one side only. Dont know if this is genuine but they run approx 1000 and can be a real pain apparently.
    Good luck with the jobs this week mate and am enjoying your posts.
    Clive

Name
    Ed

Try it with the plugs on the cold start injectors disconnected. The base engine mixture might be too rich, and when the cold start is on as well it would be very rich.

Dale is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Expert
    Name
    Dale

Ross WHO service's your car.

Name
    Ross lillywhite

i have only just got it, previous owner said its been like it since it was for sale at a dealers for a year, so originally thought they,d steamcleaned and got water in somewhere.
    so working my way through a list of mechanical faults. at least i got the central locking working today.

Name
    Ross lillywhite

Default fixed and ordered parts from usa

been on it all morning but finally diagnosed rough cold start and running, found no voltage at temp sensor and traced back to fused relay in box under o/s/r wing. power to it,good earth, feed when cranking even but none out so linked out and now runs great . ferrari price just over 300. place in usa 1-3 days priority post $150 delivered
    just now have to reassemble car and hope relay arrives by saturday.... well pleased
    good old italian electrics,

Name
    Si

been on it all morning but finally diagnosed rough cold start and running, found no voltage at temp sensor and traced back to fused relay in box under o/s/r wing. power to it,good earth, feed when cranking even but none out so linked out and now runs great . ferrari price just over 300. place in usa 1-3 days priority post $150 delivered
    just now have to reassemble car and hope relay arrives by saturday.... well pleased
    good old italian electrics,
    I got this relay out of a 928 Porsche or rather stevef did and cost me nowt works fine but does'nt have the fuse on top, yours will, did you get it from Ricambi they sell them at about 65 IIRC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast