Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 430 Scuderia

Name
    CPD

Annual servicing at this mileage is ridiculous - would you not be better just doing a visual inspection, oil quality / fluid checks?

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Annual servicing at this mileage is ridiculous - would you not be better just doing a visual inspection, oil quality / fluid checks?
    Financially better yes, in the short term anyway, but I want it to have a complete service history so why not for the sake of a grand a year?

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by KenC View Post
    Financially better yes, in the short term anyway, but I want it to have a complete service history so why not for the sake of a grand a year?
    Well, it's a grand a year

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    Well, it's a grand a year
    I think there's probably a crossover somewhere but for a car like a Scud the premium at sale time for having an absolutely full service record (ie serviced every year regardless of mileage) probably outweighs that grand a year. For a car like mine, it probably doesn't. I've been doing very low mileage for the last few years (other project/hobby taking up my summers) so I've 'slipped' to servicing at a dealer every other year and just doing what needs doing myself in the years between. I think for my car and my mileage at the moment that's fine.

I guess we all own these cars for different reasons - just driving, tinkering a bit, admiring them or for investment (savings at least). If you're in that last bracket that grand a year might well be money well spent

Name
    Mark

Oh I agree completely. If I had a Scuderia/Stradale, I'd be wanting to keep the book stamped although it is madness as Mod suggests.

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    Oh I agree completely. If I had a Scuderia/Stradale, I'd be wanting to keep the book stamped although it is madness as Mod suggests.

Name
    Simon Stroud

Default Ken's Cars

I have to say over the years I've seen all of Ken's cars and they are always absolutely immaculate. I'm afraid I fall into the camp of can't stop driving it and I'm always amazed how Ken doesn't get called out to the garage more often.

The car looks fantastic, I always said to Ken he should by an F40 when they were affordable, what an investment that would have been Ken.

Name
    CPD

I genuinely think these cars will get to age soon where fully stamped up service book will become redundant.

There must be a point where it becomes irrelevant.

Given my long term aim to take my cars to Italy I get mine serviced at mileage intervals as the dealers there suggested to me that an annual visual / fluids check is virtually free (hours labour) and that they only really service based on KM's for most customers.

Its a lot of dead money per year that could be spent on other things.

Having come back from the dead I have a keener eye for that kind of thing.

Like critical injury insurance that didn't pay out!

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

I miscounted , it is 10 services so far with the 11th booked .

With a record like this, all at Lancaster Colchester, my OCD wouldn't let me miss one now .

4th July 2009 - Registered
    2nd July 2010 @ 1,501 miles
    4th July 2011 @ 2,529 miles
    4th July 2012 @ 3,138 miles
    4th July 2013 @ 3,706 miles
    4th July 2014 @ 4,013 miles
    6th July 2015 @ 4,246 miles
    4th July 2016 @ 4,367 miles
    4th July 2017 @ 4,498 miles
    4th July 2018 @ 4,607 miles
    4th July 2019 @ 4,685 miles
    3rd July 2020 @ Booked 4,731 miles currently

Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by 355OXO View Post
    I have to say over the years I've seen all of Ken's cars and they are always absolutely immaculate. I'm afraid I fall into the camp of can't stop driving it and I'm always amazed how Ken doesn't get called out to the garage more often.

The car looks fantastic, I always said to Ken he should by an F40 when they were affordable, what an investment that would have been Ken.
    Thanks Simon, long time no see - I hope you are well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast