Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help required Selling reg doc for number plate

Name
    Steve

Default help required Selling reg doc for number plate

I have a guy due in the next 20 minutes or so who is buying my car,

I said i would chuck in a reg doc that i had bought for the car and hadnt got round to putting on the car, as a sweetner,

so car is on oringnal plates no problem,

but how do i give him the title doc for the private plate as i can't see a section for selling it or passing it on to another party.

I read the form and i may be thick but i cant work it out,

Can anyone help before the guy arrives please,

Thanks

Steve

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

You need to add his name as a nominee, write a cheque for 25 and send both to DVLA. When the new document arrives with him as a nominee you need to post it to him. You cannot to anything more tonight.

Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by KenC View Post
    You need to add his name as a nominee, write a cheque for 25 and send both to DVLA. When the new document arrives with him as a nominee you need to post it to him. You cannot to anything more tonight.
    thank for getting back to me ken, the buyer is with me now, I dont understand does the new doc get sent to him or me, please

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by stevie b View Post
    thank for getting back to me ken, the buyer is with me now, I dont understand does the new doc get sent to him or me, please
    No, IIRC, it will come back to you as you will still have the entitlement to the plate. He will just be a nominee. This means that the plate can go on a car registered to you or the buyer.

Name
    xx

That's correct.

Steve, you do the change in nominee and pay the money, the document comes back to you...

Then you send the document to the new nominee.

I sold my GT-R plate to Gigawave last year and it worked a treat when done as above

You can change the nominee details online, no need to send the original certificate of entitlement in

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov....change_nominee

Name
    Steve

we are really struggling in this, does that mean my name will always be on the cert, (which is not rally what we wnat,

Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by stevie b View Post
    we are really struggling in this, does that mean my name will always be on the cert, (which is not rally what we wnat,
    Yes, but only until the reg is assigned to the nominees car when you will loose all entitlement to it as it will be owner by the registered keeper of the car.

Name
    xx

Your name will be on the certificate of entitlement as the buyer of the mark, but their's will be as the nominee.

As soon as they transfer the new mark to the car, the certificate of entitlement is no longer required

Name
    Shofi

What you do is go online and change the nominee to the new owner, you'll get the doc back with he's name, he can then put it onto the car and it will be fully owned by the new owner.

Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by KissMyRs View Post
    What you do is go online and change the nominee to the new owner, you'll get the doc back with he's name, he can then put it onto the car and it will be fully owned by the new owner.
    But the buyer is not currently a nominee so that effectively means that you can change the grantee. Doesn't sound right to me but I've never tried to do that so could be wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast