Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: back on the road for summer?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cumbria
    Name
    AJI
    Posts
    21

    Default back on the road for summer?

    How many of you guys take your car off the road for winter?

    I'm one of them, and it won't be long now before it gets MOT'd and re-taxed for 6months.
    Just waiting for the minimum temperatures to stay above 0, and for the bleeding gritters to stop spraying shyte all over the roads.

  2. #2
    Stewart 430 Scud's Avatar
    Stewart 430 Scud is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Banned user
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    South but from the North
    Name
    Stewart Paton
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJI
    How many of you guys take your car off the road for winter?

    I'm one of them, and it won't be long now before it gets MOT'd and re-taxed for 6months.
    Just waiting for the minimum temperatures to stay above 0, and for the bleeding gritters to stop spraying shyte all over the roads.
    Dont drive mine much

  3. #3
    GrahamS's Avatar
    GrahamS is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Admin dude
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NW Kent
    Name
    GrandmasterG
    Posts
    23,296

    Default

    Use mine all the year round (to a point)

    I just stop cleaning it in Winter because it's too cold to mess about outside

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    London/Essex
    Name
    Sy
    Posts
    17,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJI
    How many of you guys take your car off the road for winter?

    I'm one of them, and it won't be long now before it gets MOT'd and re-taxed for 6months.
    Just waiting for the minimum temperatures to stay above 0, and for the bleeding gritters to stop spraying shyte all over the roads.
    I drove mine right through the winter.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cambs, UK
    Name
    Nigel R
    Posts
    4,541

    Default

    Drive mine in winter, but only when its dry. Usually once a fortnight. Figured that is better than letting it sit for 6 months, besides I have trouble going two weeks without driving it.

  6. #6
    Iain is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    .
    Name
    Iain
    Posts
    7,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F328GTS
    Drive mine in winter, but only when its dry. Usually once a fortnight. Figured that is better than letting it sit for 6 months, besides I have trouble going two weeks without driving it.
    Same, same...

    I.

  7. #7
    rmdferrari's Avatar
    rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nr. Gatwick
    Name
    Richard
    Posts
    23,484

    Default

    Exactly as the last two answers.... feel guilty if I don't drive it every fortnight at least.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Name
    Jason
    Posts
    342

    Default

    drive to work everyday, no matter what month it is.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Name
    Ross
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonSF
    drive to work everyday, no matter what month it is.
    Me too, Jason.
    Good to see more people doing the same

  10. #10
    stimo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Banned user
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    a
    Name
    a
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    Haven't driven mine for ages, as its been up for sale at a showroom. Now probably going to keep it.

    If it was in my garage, i'd use it nearly every day, im not sure how some of you can resist the temptation when its right there, sat in the garage !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •