Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Prospective Ferrari Owner seeks advice

steve f is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Banned user
    Name
    steve

I must say that everybody trys to blagg a drive in a ferrari if you had a car in the showroom fully valeted would you want to let somebody take it out and drive it then let you know next week if they are interested

If the car was on SOR its not yours to be letting someone drive it and damage it as the owner would not be happy

how would you feel sy if your car was there on SOR then you was told or read on here that somebody was driving it about

Name
    Sy

Quote Originally Posted by steve f
    how would you feel sy if your car was there on SOR then you was told or read on here that somebody was driving it about
    If you read my earlier post, I said I'd be more than happy to have my car sold at KHPC as I know my car would be looked after.

My only gripe is as a buyer, not a seller.

steve f is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Banned user
    Name
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by Sy
    If you read my earlier post, I said I'd be more than happy to have my car sold at KHPC as I know my car would be looked after.

My only gripe is as a buyer, not a seller.
    I know that but look at the position the seller is in he cant really win no matter if he gives test drives or not

Name
    Arron

Well, maybe I stand corrected on some of this and maybe, just maybe I owe Arthur a part apology. That said, I still didn't like the tone and inference of the email.

I can now appreciate that it is extremely difficult for an outfit such as KHPC to sell vehicles on behalf of an owner and weed out the test pilots/idiots/vermin etc. I too would not want any tom/dick or harry driving my car if it were for sale there.

So, how on earth does someone such as myself go about getting an idea if a particular model is for him/her ? The last thing I would dream of doing would have been to come on a site such as this and try and blag a drive of one of your cars. What is the Ferrari alternative of taking a test drive just like I did when I parted with 35k for my SAAB the year before last ?

Name
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by Arron
    Well, maybe I stand corrected on some of this and maybe, just maybe I owe Arthur a part apology. That said, I still didn't like the tone and inference of the email.

I can now appreciate that it is extremely difficult for an outfit such as KHPC to sell vehicles on behalf of an owner and weed out the test pilots/idiots/vermin etc. I too would not want any tom/dick or harry driving my car if it were for sale there.

So, how on earth does someone such as myself go about getting an idea if a particular model is for him/her ? The last thing I would dream of doing would have been to come on a site such as this and try and blag a drive of one of your cars.
    do what most people on here do buy one then drive it if you dont like it buy another

Name
    Sy

So, how on earth does someone such as myself go about getting an idea if a particular model is for him/her ? The last thing I would dream of doing would have been to come on a site such as this and try and blag a drive of one of your cars. What is the Ferrari alternative of taking a test drive just like I did when I parted with 35k for my SAAB the year before last ?
    First decide how much you want to spend.

Then decide which models you can afford to buy.

Then it's just a matter of finding the right car for you.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

I know this is most likely not an option. I bought mine private and test drove it two weeks before I bought it.

If you was after a Mondial, you could of drove mine.

Would have to be after April, when the big round current bun comes out

Name
    Jules

Aarron

its quite simple, if you want a test drive, buy a car from either a main dealer, or someone like Nick Cartwright or Bob Houghtons. A Ferraris a Ferrari, test drives come after you've spent some money. If you buy a dog (which shouldn't be the case), you just get the supplier to sort it. I remember driving a 348 at Dick Lovetts, very helpful, the car was like a normal car - went straight, made a noise, stopped and that was that. How could I know if it was a good 348 or not? You just have to trust the dealer.

I didn't drive my 360 until I came to pick it up. Actually I'd only seen a picture of it. The point of the warranty is almost like a 'lets sort out the detail afterwards approach'. That may be flippant, but these cars are serviced and pampered more than any other motor, you don't buy them the way you buy your SAAB.

I would recommend that you focus on the warranty, because you will never discover all the little issues on a 'test drive'.

If all the upgrades have been done, the rear buttresses look good, bodywork issues sorted, then there's not too much to go wrong on a 348. They are very solid cars. So if you see the car you like, slap down a deposit subject to the car driving left when you turn right, and celebrate Ferrari ownership!

Name
    Sy

Quote Originally Posted by steve f
    do what most people on here do buy one then drive it if you dont like it buy another
    Or buy one and not drive it like some people here.

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Arron. Sorry to say I was right about the test drive... I too presented myself at KHPC at the pre-arranged time, and made it quite clear I was ready to buy now. I don't think I come across as a tyre-kicker ( cheers stevef ) but still no test drive without a deposit. When I asked "what if I have paid a deposit and don't like it?" the answer was "we'll come to some arrangement" whatever that means...?

I too would be bloody angry if the comment "not happy about the way this is heading" or similar, was said. It implies a lack of honesty on the prospective purchacers part IMO.

I understand the SOR concerns voiced here, and no I would not be over the moon for a bunch of yobs who've just fallen out of a Max-Power Nova to be given a drive of my car....... but if it were there, I'd want it sold. The very least should have been a demonstration run.

Try some of the classic or sports car hire companies. You see plenty of them offering a Drive a Ferrari deal. You could then have one for a day....on your own, and decide which you want.

Final thought - yes, it is worth the agro... there are very few elitist owners here. Don't be put off.
    Last edited by rmdferrari; 21-03-2006 at 02:45 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast