Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I over inflate 360 tyres for long term storage

Name
    Michael

Default Should I over inflate 360 tyres for long term storage

Should I over inflate the tyres on my 360 for storage during winter? I'll start the car, move it around the drive a bit once a month or so, but don't bother to use it on salty roads etc. I could by 'tyre shoes' but that's just one more thing to move in the garage. Does anyone have a recomendation of the PSI I should use?

stevew is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Expert
    Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_360_Modena View Post
    Should I over inflate the tyres on my 360 for storage during winter? I'll start the car, move it around the drive a bit once a month or so, but don't bother to use it on salty roads etc. I could by 'tyre shoes' but that's just one more thing to move in the garage. Does anyone have a recomendation of the PSI I should use?
    If you aren't going to use it on the road and do a good 25/30 mile trip then don't bother starting it and put it on axle stands.

Name
    Steve Wheeler

Thumbs up

When I had my previous ferraris, I used to inflate them to the max PSI of the tyre (sorry cant remember what that was but should be on the side wall of the tyre).

Also did the following;

A full fluid change

Syphon out most of the fuel as it goes off or alernatively you can add some chemicals to the fuel (which I never did)

I do the same to my lawnmower each year.

Hope this helps

Name
    Steve Wheeler

Quote Originally Posted by stevew View Post
    If you aren't going to use it on the road and do a good 25/30 mile trip then don't bother starting it and put it on axle stands.
    Does more harm than good just starting it and letting it idle

Name
    ICE360

can I ask you why you are storing it? does it develope faults in winter?

Name
    Michael

I don't use it that much really (family takes priority), have toyed with replacing it for a DB9 but haven't done so as I still like the Ferrari thing.

I have a cair-o-port so I put it in there for winter and will start it up once a month run it around the drive and chuck it back in. It doesn't develop faults in bad weather although salt doesn't do it or any other car favors. It then goes to QV for annual service every March.

I can't be bothered to fiddle about with car tyre supports, axle stands etc - thus my idea of inflating tyres.

stevew is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Expert
    Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_360_Modena View Post
    I can't be bothered to fiddle about with car tyre supports, axle stands etc - thus my idea of inflating tyres.
    It'll only take you 10/15 mins to get it up on the standsI jack mine up inside the Carcoon

Name
    Michael

Thanks Steve, problem is that I can only get access to the drivers side, so even if I had stands I can't get to them.

Name
    Greg

I believe the owernes manual will give you advice on what to do for long term storage. I know that the 575M owners manual tells you to increase the tyre pressures for long term storage.

Name
    jos

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I believe the owernes manual will give you advice on what to do for long term storage.
    Too easy : 3 bar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast