Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 360 exhaust manifold

Name
    jon

Default 360 exhaust manifold

hi guys, im looking for some help, been told that my exhaust manifold needs attention, after removing it and removing its heat shield its obvious that there is some cracks and also some distortion on the pipes, has anybody heard of this before or even had it happen to them?

ive heard a few people say it happens on 355s but not so common on the 360???????

does anybody know of anyone that can repair these manifolds or does it need replacing?

many thanks

Name
    355Chris

QV did the 355 ones; so I would try there. Never heard of it as a problem on 360.

Name
    jon

thanks chris, who are QV? where are they based? contact number? many thanks

Name
    TW

Name
    Richard Dougal

Quote Originally Posted by squeakyjon View Post
    hi guys, im looking for some help, been told that my exhaust manifold needs attention, after removing it and removing its heat shield its obvious that there is some cracks and also some distortion on the pipes, has anybody heard of this before or even had it happen to them?

ive heard a few people say it happens on 355s but not so common on the 360???????

does anybody know of anyone that can repair these manifolds or does it need replacing?

many thanks
    I have sent you a PM

Name
    Aldous Voice

How many miles has your 360 done?

Name
    Brian

Common problem. I've done both mine. 86,000 miles.

Name
    Ed

They where never improved over the 355. I've changed/repaired loads...

Name
    360trev

When you start to investigate the manifolds you discover that this is a 15yr+ old problem that was never truely fixed...

As a follow up to this. For both 360 and 430 owners the manifolds (just like on the F355) are a ticking time bomb and as the cars reach their old age they are showing up more as issues. There are options however, that is correct the problem in the first place. The new price from ferrari are just staggering, over 3 grand.

The reason they crack in the first place appears to be because of the design. Incorrect thickness material used for the wall of the tubing that isn't matched correctly to the stresses they have to deal with in every day use. The main problem really is they should have fitted a bracket to help sustain the weight of the heavy cats (they weight 16kgs and the cats are suspended directly from the manifolds!!).

Another option is to switch to much lighter sports cats which can be half as heavy. This dramatically reduces the stresses and loads on them so they tend not to crack then.

Name
    360trev

Thumbs up 360 Exhaust Manifolds

Quote Originally Posted by ferraricyprus View Post
    They where never improved over the 355. I've changed/repaired loads...
    As Eddie stated he's done loads of them and buying a set under duress always leads to much more expensive purchase. 3,000 for manifolds isn't much fun and the prices have gone up since the new year with the increased VAT rates.

An alternative is to purchase sports manifolds from the US (Also called headers in American terminology!). The great thing about the non oem headers is the scope for improvement is substantial. The US ones I've seen can be nearly 7kg's lighter. Thats highly significant weight savings and as such I've just purchased a set. Fabspeed in the us sell them for $3,000 plus $400 for ceramic coating option [recommended];

http://www.fabspeed.com/ferrari_360.html

The other advantage is more torque and power. Apparently they add upto 25hp, well I'm sceptical of that claim and will dyno verify them, especially if you've already gained good power from free flowing exhaust and cats but I could easily see it adding 10hp if they've optimised the flow better than the stock system. They claim they've used Formula 1 Indy car high velocity merge collector which helps to smooth the cylinder gas pulses.

We shall see. As a happy consequence of this latesst weight saving aquisition I have for sale a ridiculously low priced set of standard manifolds in perfect condition.

I'm only looking for a fraction of the new price, first person to PM me with 495 gets them. This really is a bargin, I'll put an advert in the for sale section later alternatively just PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast