Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodwood track day 12th April - cost price, open pit, 30 cars - book now!

Name
    Geoff

Default Goodwood track day 12th April - cost price, open pit, 30 cars - book now!

As some of you may or may not know, I used to organise the Goodwood Sports and Supercar Days one upon a time! We raised over £16000 for the St Richards Hospital MRI scanner appeal over the 4 years I ran the event.

I was contacted today by Goodwood, as they know me 'a bit' there and they have had a cancellation by an organiser and can offer the 12th (& 11th - see below) April to me.

I would therefore like to offer my fellow petrolhead friends the opportunity to take advantage of the day at cost price, so for 30 cars (open pit lane all day with 20 min sessions) on a 98db day it will be £192.20p incl VAT, marshalls, insurance (organisers, not participants). This is for Tuesday 12th April day only and will run from 9am to 5pm with an hour for lunch, so its deemed as a summertime booking and is a great price for a Goodwood 98db day. No extra charge for extra drivers or passengers as long as they sign on as normal and hear the briefing - and make a donation of course!

As there is no money being made on this I would hope and indeed expect all the participants to make at least a £20 donation to the my pet charity - Naomi House Children's Hospice near Winchester. The link can be found here - http://www.concordeclassics.co.uk/Charity.html - If you do participate, I will be able to see those who have and haven't contributed so beware, I will get you on the day otherwise!!!

As regards payment, if you are interested in this and it is at relatively short notice, I will take the first 30 non-refundable payments in full as I have to pay Goodwood up front which is of course my risk. Be aware that if you don't get through noise test, it is entirely your risk and there can be no refunds or moaning about it to me or Goodwood circuit - you know what they are like!!! Those who do fail (and there are usually on or two) will have their places taken by a reserve at the going rate on the day.

Please let me know ASAP by contacting me at via email - cv56(at)btinternet.com - where I can add you to the list for the day and let you know how to pay. Please be quick to sign up as this a great rate and I expect places will go fast.

Regards
    Geoff Lowe

P.S.
    If I can get enough participants to run it on Monday 11th as well (why not do both days?), then I can offer both days for £170 incl VAT, marshalls, insurance (organisers, not participants). Both days would be run as an open pitlane with 20 min sessions so you can maximise your track time.
    Happiness is a full tank and an open road - unless you live in the UK of course......

Name
    Mark Hannaford

That's a great rate and Goodwood is such a good circuit but I've got no chance at 98db. Only just got into a GRRC 105db day (by 1db)

Name
    Geoff

Mark
    I'm in the same boat so I'm taking the shopping car - still fun!!
    Happiness is a full tank and an open road - unless you live in the UK of course......

Name
    Trevor Skedge

So is it open to non Ferrari then?

Trevor

Name
    Geoff

Yes Trevor, open to any kind of car - a 98db day is always going to be a bit of a bugger for FCars!!!

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Geoff, very tempting.

Have an "issue" I need to deal with before confirming, but not driven Goodwood in years (last time Alfa 75 in the wet) so fancy another go.

When's the latest you ned to know?

Name
    Geoff

Not a problem. I have 5 confirmed so far but will close the list when I have 30.

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

That's great, thanks.

Name
    Geoff

Not a very good response from this forum - disappointed!!! When people bleat about expensive trackdays and i offer one which is really cheap no-one wants to know - interesting!!!

Name
    Jim

Geoff,

I interested, and just live down the road, but as I've never done a track day I do have a few questions
    after reading your comment about a 98db day is always going to be a bit of a bugger for FCars!!!
    I am a concerned that my car would be unsuitable.

the car in question would be a 3.2 Mondial with a QV / superperformace generic sports exhaust? what if I put the original back on?

Would this be trackday be suitable for beginners?
    Does the car need any modifications fire extinguishers etc?
    What does the driver need? for instance race suit, helmet

thanks Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast