Page 250 of 251 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251 LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2508

Thread: 348 DIY "Restoration"

irarref is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Jeff

Hi Pete I have seen them when I bought the pedal set. I thought it was a step to far and was worried
    Iíd end up over blinging it! Lol

at least I know whatís involved if I ever evidently to change it.

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by irarref View Post
    Hi Pete I have seen them when I bought the pedal set. I thought it was a step to far and was worried
    Iíd end up over blinging it! Lol

at least I know whatís involved if I ever evidently to change it.
    Can never have too much bling!

To be honest I felt the same but itís obviously reversible so I thought Iíd give it a go. Really like the look tbh. I stopped short of the matching passenger footrest plate though.

Name
    Jeff

Further to the thread below I ordered myself a pollen filter for the car and it finally arrived today. Just to note I got 2 filters in the pack.

https://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum...ghlight=pollen

This is the filter in question and I can confirm the fit is pretty much perfect

Name:  IMG_4100.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  78.4 KB

Note there is a direction it must be fitted in

Name:  IMG_4101.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  50.6 KB

This is where it is going - sitting on the ledge at an angle

Name:  IMG_4102.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  64.0 KB

And in place - just takes a bit of gentle squeezing to bypass the narrower entrance hole

Name:  IMG_4103.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  59.3 KB

Notice the slight indentation on the left of the photo - this is due to a small nodule of plastic on the car but to be fair 99% of the hole is covered.

Name:  IMG_4107.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  73.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4108.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  65.7 KB

Now the big question - does it work? I tested the airflow with and without the filter in place when drawing air from outside and TBH it seems to cut the air flow quite severely and TBH I don't intend to keep it in place - mostly due to concerns about overheating the power transistor which IIRC is cooled by the airflow.

If someone (Pete) can test theirs too I may reconsider but it's a no for the moment - very disappointing :-(

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

I'll give it a go sometime this week, Jeff, I've got the same filters sat on a shelf. Odd that it restricts the airflow so much - surely it'd do the same in any car it was put in ?!?!?

One thought though - if the airflow cools the transistor it'd have to be fine if the car was for example in the middle east. Having been there in the summer in a tent a few times it can hit upwards of 50 degrees C shade temp so you'd think even a restricted airflow at say high 20s should be ok?

I've got a couple of other options to try longer term - a different filter and a pollen screen which is a fine mesh designed to go over an open window to keep pollen out - so at some point will look at those as well. I like the pollen screen idea as it allegedly stops pollen but is very unrestrictive, just not sure how I'd rid it. Could actually put it under the bonnet rather than directly on the HVAC intake but not decided which would be best.

Name
    Jeff

This is how I tested it...

Air pull from outside, fans on max and air direction straight on

Name:  IMG_4109.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  59.9 KB

If you check in the frunk the flap should be in the down position so you can see the fan

Name:  IMG_4111.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  57.1 KB

I closed all the air vents bar the one nearest the driver's window so I could feel what was happening. Try it without the filter and with the filter in place and there is a dramatic difference - too dramatic for me I'm afraid! :-( Obviously, when you recirculate air (flap down) there is no difference of whether filter is fitted or not)

Name:  IMG_4110.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  60.8 KB

Name
    Pete

Totally see what you mean, Jeff, itís far too restrictive. Iím guessing itíll stop pollen (as well as anything else in the air) but as it also stops the air it becomes a bit pointless. Might as well just switch the fan and ac off and swelter instead.

Have looked at option B which seems far better. Will post on the other thread so I donít clog up yours.

Name
    Jeff

Ok cool - pleased to have someone else reaffirm my findings anyway so thank you :-)

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by irarref View Post
    Ok cool - pleased to have someone else reaffirm my findings anyway so thank you :-)
    No probs. Option B is here which seems to work fine: https://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum...d=1#post845187

Name
    Jeff

More carpeting yesterday...

4 screws to remove the other front side panel from the transmission tunnel

Name:  IMG_4162.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  64.6 KB

The actual pieces on the transmission tunnel are just glued on so hey just pull off

Name:  IMG_4163.jpg
Size:  71.0 KB

Name:  IMG_4164.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  78.5 KB

The main carpet piece just pulls out - its tucked under the transmission tunnel so just tug on it gently

Name:  IMG_4165.jpg
Size:  72.3 KB

Unscrew the "L" shaped trim from the door aperture

Name:  IMG_4166.jpg
Size:  77.4 KB

Once the trim is removed you can start pulling the carpet away from the sill (it's glued on but the glue isn't particularly strong)

Name:  IMG_4167.jpg
Size:  79.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4168.jpg
Size:  75.7 KB

Theres also (a very poorly fitting) piece of carpet attached o the left hand wall of the footwell

Name:  IMG_4170.jpg
Size:  87.5 KB

Main carpet piece out

Name:  IMG_4172.jpg
Size:  77.2 KB

The funny shaped wall piece - notice its piped

Name:  IMG_4173.jpg
Size:  68.7 KB

The sill piece - interesting (to me anyway! LOL) that its NOT piped on the the passenger side but the corresponding one on the driver side is

Name:  IMG_4174.jpg
Size:  77.2 KB

Name
    Jeff

The passenger side is a lot easier to do (as opposed to teh driver side with the foot rest). Again carpet just tears off then a good coat of glue on the panel and then glue the piece on making sure you push it down into the corners.

Name:  IMG_4267.jpg
Size:  104.6 KB

I always make sure its dry before attempting to fold the carpet over an g glue to back. Make relief cuts at every change in direction as if wrapping a parcel.

Name:  IMG_4268.jpg
Size:  116.3 KB

Done - old piece next to it for comparison

Name:  IMG_4269.jpg
Size:  89.0 KB

Name:  IMG_4270.jpg
Size:  99.5 KB