Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234
Results 2,331 to 2,335 of 2335

Thread: 348 DIY "Restoration"

irarref is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Jeff

Ah cheers Terry - just always assume its you! LOL

I've come across this link that is very useful but I don't think it's the one I remember

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th...ebuild.142329/

Name
    Jeff

Been having a bit of of trouble with the car recently hence the fuel filter change which made the car appear to run slightly more soothely (no fires yet!!! ;-') soon followed by a renewal of all the plugs.

Whilst removing the plugs one of Magnecor ignition leads broke apart and I thought at the time this was what was causing all the touble.

Got in touch with Magnecor UK as the leads are still withing their 10 year guarantee who referred back to USA as they supplied them but the US company I bought them off has gone bust! :-(

They agreed to replace the lead as long as I paid postage but not heard back since about 3 weeks ago - grrr!!!!

Pic of the broken lead

Name:  IMG_1059 (1).jpg
Views: 31
Size:  112.4 KB

Put my old original Ferrari lead back as a temporary measure

Name:  IMG_1064.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  110.7 KB

So changed the broken lead back to original and was disappointed to find it didn't improve matters.

I then went round cleaning connections and in the process I noticed that the battery terminal connections were not as tight as they could be so cleaned them up and tightened them up and also removed my add on connections for the Halfords Cetek type charger. Went for a drive and hey presto -back to it's old self - woohoo!!! :-)

Anyway, the family were going away for a week to stay in a rented house near Menai Bridge and was gutted I couldn't take the car, however, now the car was fixed and AA card firmly clenched in hand I set off on the Friday night. Car behaved flawlessly (apart from the soft top starting to rise up a bit but I think that was my fault) and it was just like old times - great blast through Mersey Tunnel and the Conwy Express Tunnels. Couldn't of been a better journey!

Got there and there is a parking space on a steep hill that leads down to a pub car park where there is more parking. It was at this point that we realise that both our cars handbrakes need adjusting!! DOH! Family car went in the pub car park and the Ferrari near the house in 1st gear as well as the hand brake on as per pics below.

Didn't really get to drive it much as I didn't want to annoy the neighbours and the last time I used it I parked it facing forward. And then it rained as it does in Wales for a couple of days - thankfully the soft top didn't leak a drop but when I set off for home it was like a Kangeroo - very embarrassing!!! :-( I suspected the rain may of drained onto ignition or something and that if I could drive it long enough it would dry it off. Was still doing it after about 100 miles so not sure that theory is true. Once I was on the bypass/motorway it was ok but you'd have to nurse it up to speed. Very, very stressful journey. Safely back in the garage that now has a radiator I'm hoping to dry it out and check the connections again. I shall let you know.

Couple of pics after a great journey down and before the rain :-)

Name:  IMG_1199.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  74.3 KB

Very similar pic but cant decide which one is my favourite so posted both :-)

Name:  IMG_1201.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  82.8 KB

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Great pics Jeff.

Iím amazed by those roofs. Used mine a couple of weeks ago for the first time in anger (weather man was wrong again!!). Massive gaps around the windows but nothing came in there; a little bit on the front but nothing stuffing a tissue in didnít fix!

Those electrical faults are annoying; Iím guessing you didnít get any warning lights, and it didnít feel like a bank was going down, eg crank sensor?

Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Great pics Jeff.

Iím amazed by those roofs. Used mine a couple of weeks ago for the first time in anger (weather man was wrong again!!). Massive gaps around the windows but nothing came in there; a little bit on the front but nothing stuffing a tissue in didnít fix!

Those electrical faults are annoying; Iím guessing you didnít get any warning lights, and it didnít feel like a bank was going down, eg crank sensor?
    I'm afraid not - all a bit random but I think it's one of the leads from my battery/battery itself combined with ignition leads etc

If you look further back in thread I have glued some soft semi circular foam to the underside edges of my top and it seals the gap plus is still foldable :-)

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Great pics Jeff.
    +1

Mate of mine's 348 simply didn't seem to like getting wet. Think he traced it to dampness in the fuse box from condensation when the car sat damp for too long and didn't fully dry out.