Thread: Belt changes on recent Ferrari purchase

Name
    Chris Foster

Default Belt changes on recent Ferrari purchase

Hello.

I purchased a 348 from Graypaul in Nottingham at the end of last year, and it was agreed that prior to delivery the car would be serviced etc.

By closer examintaion of the service records the belts were last changed at 25,000 (20/8/2004), miles and when the car was sold to me it had covered 31,000 miles.

It appears that at the pre inspection delivery the belts were not changed. The question is - is it unreasonable of me to have expected the belts to be changed prior to delivery?

The car has now completed 32,000 miles, and from what I have been told I should be looking at the belts being changed again.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks, Chris.

steve f is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Banned user
    Name
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by Chris F348
    Hello.

I purchased a 348 from Graypaul in Nottingham at the end of last year, and it was agreed that prior to delivery the car would be serviced etc.

By closer examintaion of the service records the belts were last changed at 25,000 (20/8/2004), miles and when the car was sold to me it had covered 31,000 miles.

It appears that at the pre inspection delivery the belts were not changed. The question is - is it unreasonable of me to have expected the belts to be changed prior to delivery?

The car has now completed 32,000 miles, and from what I have been told I should be looking at the belts being changed again.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks, Chris.
    belts dont need doing till 20/8/07

Name
    Chris Foster

Hello.

What are the mileage parameters per change.

The car was sold 6,000 miles since its last belt change.

Chris.

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

Hello.

Chris.
    Hello,

Even Ferrari belts last longer than 6,000 miles.

Ken

Dale is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Expert
    Name
    Dale

Hello.

Chris.
    30,000 or 3yr's

Iain is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Iain

Belts are not due till Aug 2007 under Ferrari specified maintenance schedules so unless you specifically asked/agreed for a belt change to be done, yes, it would be unreasonable to have expected it to be done.

Who told you the belts needed changing now? 348s are 3 years, its 308s & 328s that are on a 2 year interval.

I.