Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Children's Fund Track Day at Goodwood

Bruce is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    bruce cuthbert

Simon this should be fun I have a new MP4 12c Looks much the same as the last one though!!

What is the car line up for Goodwood like and are there any other McLarens going to be on track.

Name
    Simon Wright

Hi Bruce,

Unforunately no other McLarens but I do have a Ferrari 250 Lusso, 2 x Noble M12s and maybe a third/Porsche turbo. Two race tuned Imprezas, with 800bhp and 340, driven by very competent race drivers. Becky Bethcox in her race car, another BMW race car. A dax Rush, Spire GTR a couple of Ultimas including a spider, a TVR Sagaris and an Ariel Atom.

we also have various car clubs coming who will be situated in the Control Tower car park, GTR club, South east Scoobies, VW Campers, Ford Focus STs.

As Static display we have quite a few Ferraris with a couple of 458s, some classics including a DB6 but no Lambos as yet. (Hint, hint)

So overall a fairly impressive line up!

A week and a half to go hoping that the weather holds.

Very much lookig forward to seeing you on the day and thanks again for your support.

Name
    Simon Wright

Two days to go and can't wait. This is promising to be some event.

Please come along and support us we will be very glad to have you.

For those that have helped put the word out we are running at 3.5k profit prior to the day so I thank all of you who have helped or contributed and look forward to meeting you on that day.

One last thing - DOES ANYBODY HAVE A 458 OR KNOW SOMEBODY THAT DOES, Please?

Kind regards
    Simon
    Last edited by SimonJW; 02-06-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Bruce is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    bruce cuthbert

Oh crap look at the weather. Leaving in an hour and its pi$$ing down. Have to clean car before event now.

Staying with a m8 locally so hope he has a hose

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Oh crap look at the weather. Leaving in an hour and its pi$$ing down. Have to clean car before event now.

Staying with a m8 locally so hope he has a hose

He's got a bucket of gravelly water

See you tomorrow

Name
    Simon Wright

Dear All,

I cannot thank those of you enough for your support today and I do apologise for not getting around to meeting everybody but my day was a little hectic to say the least!!
    Many thanks to Bruce as my star of the day - everybody wanted to go out in the McLaren - shock horror.
    Thanks to Mark for displaying his 599 and his phots on PH.

Early indications are that we should have made circa 4.5 from Track Rides and Dream Rides, that's what I call a result.
    I'm happy knackered now and off to the pub.
    Bruce I owe you a beer or three, thanks again.
    Roll on next year.

Hopefully I'll get to meet those of you that I didn't throughout the year and thoroughly look forward to it.

Thanks again and thanks to CS for hosting the page and their generous donation. I will post up final tally as soon as we know it.

Cheers

Simon

Name
    Mark Collins

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by SimonJW View Post
    Dear All,

I cannot thank those of you enough for your support today and I do apologise for not getting around to meeting everybody but my day was a little hectic to say the least!!
    Many thanks to Bruce as my star of the day - everybody wanted to go out in the McLaren - shock horror.
    Thanks to Mark for displaying his 599 and his phots on PH.

Early indications are that we should have made circa 4.5 from Track Rides and Dream Rides, that's what I call a result.
    I'm happy knackered now and off to the pub.
    Bruce I owe you a beer or three, thanks again.
    Roll on next year.

Hopefully I'll get to meet those of you that I didn't throughout the year and thoroughly look forward to it.

Thanks again and thanks to CS for hosting the page and their generous donation. I will post up final tally as soon as we know it.

Cheers

Simon

Well done to all involved.

Name
    Geoff

A fabulous effort from all involved so well done and I'm looking forward to next year already!
    Happiness is a full tank and an open road - unless you live in the UK of course......

Name
    Mark Collins

It was a great day, no hope for some of us getting on track 11ob for Richard, when Bruce's 12C suffered a failed tyre valve after lunch I had the 599 noise tested to see if I could stand in while the AA sorted out Bruce, they wanted me to rev to 6.2k for the noise test, limit was 98db, at 5k revs the 599 hit 114db

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast