Thread: False economy

Name
    Marc

Default False economy

So I washed the 612 for the first time since the hose pipe ban today. Pretty sure I must have used 3-4 times more water than with the hose filling buckets up continually...and managed to soak myself in the process. Pain in the bum and a false economy! (For people who wash their cars properly anyway).

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by hedge View Post
    So I washed the 612 for the first time since the hose pipe ban today. Pretty sure I must have used 3-4 times more water than with the hose filling buckets up continually...and managed to soak myself in the process. Pain in the bum and a false economy! (For people who wash their cars properly anyway).
    Couldn't agree more mate. My M.O. is to go past the jet wash which is 4 mins from my house and jet wash her first, then straight home (before water marks form!) and wash her with a bucket, yesterday in the rain which helped. So yes just a bit more water than if they just asked me not to use too much with a hose. Don't feel too bad about it to be honest as it's p**sed with rain every s*dding day since the hose pipe ban started.

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Marc

you're welcome to visit us and use our hose as we're outside the ban areas

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

There was recently an article in Auto(magainzecar thingy) recently. I forget the exact volume of water but washing with buckets was about 4 times more wasteful than a hose I think.
    The authorities comment was that most folk leave the hose running whilst they then wash the car (soap etc). I can't believe (and so said Auto doins) that most don't at least have 50p plastic spray head on the hose so am not sure what that comment is founded on

Name
    Neil

Totally agree buckets use more water.
    Pressure washer also makes better use of the water than a normal hose.
    I have water Butts to wash the car from the pressure washer so no problem have just added another so up to 3000lts storeage

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by n.a.f. View Post
    Totally agree buckets use more water.
    Pressure washer also makes better use of the water than a normal hose.
    I have water Butts to wash the car from the pressure washer so no problem have just added another so up to 3000lts storeage
    Yeah I think the article also confirmed the pressure washer to be the most economical.

Name
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    Marc

you're welcome to visit us and use our hose as we're outside the ban areas
    Cool thanks - may well take you up on that!