Thread: Shield wing badges

Name
    Amo

Smile Shield wing badges

Hi,
    Some Q's on these badges.

1. Are they all the same size irrespective of Ferrari model?
    2. Are there different types of OEM badges?
    3. What is the best way to fit them, so that they are in the correct place.

I've seen some on EBAY but they all look different, even though they are all advertised as original Ferrari.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PAIR-FERRARI-S...cmd ZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORIGINAL-FERRA...cmd ZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FERRARI-SHIELD...cm dZViewItem

The bright yellow ones stand out, the dull ones look sad. (The first ones look best)

Cheers

Name
    Amo

GrahamS is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Admin dude
    Name
    GrandmasterG

I wouldn't be paying those prices.
    I picked up a brand new set for 3 from an Auto Italia show last year

t1grm is offline It's basically an old car with a stripe - The Ferrari Challenge Stradale Club Member
    ii

AFAIK there are two types. Adhesive ones and enamel ones. The enamel ones are about 200 quid each and you need recessed wings to fit them. The self adhesive ones are quite cheap I think.

Slight thread hijack but, are the self adhesive ones ever put on as OEM equipment or are they always after market and Ferrari only officially do the enamel ones?

Name
    Amo

I'm sure I've seen the enamel ones on 355's they dont have the recessed wings.
    Also do the adhesive ones damage the paintwork, if taken off at a later date?

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

Quote Originally Posted by t1grm
    AFAIK there are two types. Adhesive ones and enamel ones. The enamel ones are about 200 quid each and you need recessed wings to fit them. The self adhesive ones are quite cheap I think.

Slight thread hijack but, are the self adhesive ones ever put on as OEM equipment or are they always after market and Ferrari only officially do the enamel ones?
    THE OEM recessed badges are a costly option when specced on new car, about 800 . Chaa recently bought a set of adhesive enamel aftermarket ones and seems well pleased.IIRC, they're about 200 from Ebay.

http://www.fcars.co.uk/showthread.ph...ht=wing+badges

ric355 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by t1grm

The self adhesive ones are not put on the cars as OEM but they are a Ferrari item. I bought mine from the shop in Maranello Egham - about 2.50 a pair.

There are three types of enamel shields:
    1. The factory shields that are recessed in the wings.
    2. 'Thick' aftermarket shields - same thickness as the factory ones but obviously not recessed unless you replace or panel beat the wings
    3. 'Thin' aftermarket shields which when installed on a wing protrude about the same depth as a recessed factory one.

Edit: Also, be careful if you are buying aftermarket enamel ones - the wing curve is different depending upon model (I think 360 is different to all the others but you need to check yourself).

ferrari-spider Guest

I bought mine two years ago and they cost more than 400 then.
    I refuse to put 1.72p plastic sticker badges on my 50,000 ferrari dude
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Name
    Jim

You could try vinyl magnetic ones first just to get use to the idea, if you don't like them you can always put then on your fridge. mine haven't blown of yet

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FERRA...QQcmdZViewItem