Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dino restorations

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

love it . whoever originally specced it mustve been enjoying some 70's substances, eh tho it actually works

isuk is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Iain

I've been in contact with the original owner Tony. He was very surprised and pleased I managed to trace him but can't recall the interior. He has enjoyed the photo updates of the restoration process I've been sending to him and regrets not keeping any photo's of the car when he owned it. I've got copies of the original order and someone had cut out the photo of the red cloth inserts from the sales brochure and attached them to the paperwork sent to the factory to ensure it was built with these seats. It is a bit mad but does work when you see it in person

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

Quote Originally Posted by isuk View Post
    I've been in contact with the original owner Tony. He was very surprised and pleased I managed to trace him but can't recall the interior. He has enjoyed the photo updates of the restoration process I've been sending to him and regrets not keeping any photo's of the car when he owned it. I've got copies of the original order and someone had cut out the photo of the red cloth inserts from the sales brochure and attached them to the paperwork sent to the factory to ensure it was built with these seats. It is a bit mad but does work when you see it in person
    That's some detective work ! So cool you traced orig owner

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Green and red are complimentary colours on a typical colour wheel - gives a strong contrasting scheme (colour wheels have been in use for nearly 250yrs and the various theories that sit behind them are pretty handy

In the metal this one probably looks quite different - on the photos here it pushes the edges of the colour wheel ideas a little

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    Green and red are complimentary colours on a typical colour wheel - gives a strong contrasting scheme (colour wheels have been in use for nearly 250yrs and the various theories that sit behind them are pretty handy

In the metal this one probably looks quite different - on the photos here it pushes the edges of the colour wheel ideas a little
    Actually Andy

Magenta is the complementary colour to green. Red green and blue are the primary colours that comprise white light, and cyan magenta and yellow are the respective complementary colours. If you take white light and remove (by filtering) one of either the primary colours or complementary colours you end up with the matching complementary.

ie. Start with white light, apply a cyan filter, and you end with red.

Matching paints or pigments is a completely different matter.

It would be interesting to know what the complementary colour of that particular green is and how close that particular red is to being its complementary colour.

Name
    Candellara

Fantastic Iain. How many Dino's have you done so far?...............and what's next?

Name
    Iain

I've restored three 246 GT's now Jason. My 246 GTS has had it's engine removed and stripped down and the body is at the paint shop. I've got a 1972 911E in restoration that is about to start the build back up phase next week. I think that will be the end of my restoration adventures but I recall saying something similar after completing my second Dino

Name
    Candellara

Quote Originally Posted by isuk View Post
    I've restored three 246 GT's now Jason. My 246 GTS has had it's engine removed and stripped down and the body is at the paint shop. I've got a 1972 911E in restoration that is about to start the build back up phase next week. I think that will be the end of my restoration adventures but I recall saying something similar after completing my second Dino
    Any pics of the 911E?

Name
    Iain

Here are a few photo's of it. It's gone back into it's original colour of Signal Yellow and the interior will be re-trimmmed as it left the factory in black vinyl with black corduroy seat centres.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Name
    Candellara

Looks great. Same Company that did the Dino's? Love to see it's progress

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast